T28 Campervan - Massive Suspension Upgrade

J8mes

T6 Pro
So I have a brand new T6 camper conversion. I love it and it's amazing. The only issue I (had) was the ride and handling that I can only describe as driving a cross between a space hopper and a pogo stick.
So this has been transformed in 2 stages as my budget allowed.

1st stage - brand new koni sports shocks matched to H&R lowering springs. This transformed not only the ride comfort but also the handling. Superb levels of comfort and much reduced body roll. It also sorted the campervan stance of low at the back, high at the front.
It now drove much like a premium estate car (I've owned Mercs, Audi's and BMW's).

2nd stage - upgraded H&R anti roll bars. Much thicker and stronger than the rather weedy originals.
The result of this is virtually zero body roll and a much improved driving experience. No detrimental effects to the driving experience. Increased confidence when cornering and a much flatter drive. It really is the best money I've spent along with the Pendle Remap .

All suspension work carried out by Steve at CRS Performance. He is an oracle of information and doesn't try to upsell anything. He totally understands the VW Transporter suspension.
Thanks to Steve at @CRS Performance for the advice and quality of work.
My van is amazing. Although it's a camper it's my day driver.

Next upgrade THQ V2 or V3 headlights as my budget allows.

Before and after pics attached. Hope this helps anyone considering suspension changes. And gives an alternative to B14's if that's what suits you.

20200601_084336.jpg

20200601_115518.jpg

Love the stance now @J8mes. How much has it been lowered?

Did it also require any spacers to level the suspension on the off side? (I assume you have kitchen units, etc as part of your conversion).

We have a T28 campervan (converted panel van), and after reading all the options on offer I really think that this the way to go for us.

Love the stance now @J8mes. How much has it been lowered?

Did it also require any spacers to level the suspension on the off side? (I assume you have kitchen units, etc as part of your conversion).

We have a T28 campervan (converted panel van), and after reading all the options on offer I really think that this the way to go for us.
No spacers required, Steve at CRSPerformance sorted it with matched springs and dampers. I also have the kitchen down the side.
Best mod I have carried out to the van.

Hi, sounds good, what kind of price did you pay for the suspension upgrade

Hi, the van looks great. Can you tell me what type & size the wheels/tyres are?
Cheers

Back