Posted by Pauly
Brook Meadow
Friday, 17 July, 2020 - 09:00
Until: Sunday, 19 July, 2020 - 17:00
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Hi all, I’m intentionally quoting all attendees in the list to get the biggest possible response to my question! Are any of you bringing kids? We have a 12 year old boy and 9 year old girl, just wondering if they’ll be bored or if anyone else is bringing their kids along?

@Tourershine @andythom188 @CALLAKN @Eli1264 @ROMANY TAMPIN @Skyliner33 @Jollyvan @Dellmassive @T6180 @Deaky @Lord Mfwic @cgtmiles @Blitz @BoroBoy @VDubnewby666 @Sabre @Mick @Spaghetti @RichDavies82 @moomin-j @VanDamMan @Briston @Sammy @Kramsdog @Gaz1971 @garyp1969 @RedUn @Pete C @Nacho.Nigel

Bringing a 12 year old lad.

Right people, i've been and had a site visit this morning, to get an idea on size and facilities and basically bar a small section as you drive onto the field, that's already booked out, we have the whole field and all the sections, along with the full shower block in the same field.
To give an idea on size, it normally accommodates 60 Caravans, with their awnings and cars.
They have also given me the flexibility to add more people if I want to.

Price: So I had a chat with the lady and negotiated a single fixed night rate of £20 per night. They normally charge extra for anymore than 2 people, dogs, awnings, extra car etc, but they will hold our price at a fixed £20 per night, regardless on the amount of people per pitch, or awning, dog etc. They will open bookings from Wednesday onwards and all you need to is call up, and quote the T6 forum weekend, and pay for the amount of days you want. Although we are officially 17-18-19 of July, many people want to come before and leave later, and that's fine, just let the site know when you pay.

We have pretty much free rein with fire pits and music, but with the fact that other people are on site and to respect that, all the usual you'd expect and not something I have to spell out to anyone on here. They've had issues in the past with huge groups and they stopped them a while back, so we are their trial for future large group bookings. We are not a bunch of morons that pack onto Bournemouth beach and trash the place, so I have no concerns at all in that department. There is a large area that's enclosed with small hedges in the middle and that would be perfect for us to congregate with fire pits and music.
On the congregation subject, again this will all be obvious to people in here, but I need to make it obvious, we are still in a pandemic, we will have several people attending from the NHS within the group, and we will respect the latest guidance. As Boris did with the rest of the UK, I will do too, and trust in everyone else to be practical, sociable and sensible. All this goes without saying, but I need to say it anyway.

The shop will be open on site, and there is the local market town of Market Harborough that is beautiful and has plenty of supermarkets and shops. As per last years arrangements, there is no structure to this weekend, just do as much or as little as you wish.
They have an open air Cinema on the Saturday, along with a cool vintage van that makes handmade pizzas to buy.
You can buy a day pass for fishing if you wish and they cost £8 per day. Day visitors are welcome and they are charged at £1 per car.
The secure entrance is opened with a code that you will be given before arrival by text, the barrier is automatic when you go out.

On a personal note, this is my 2nd year organising these weekends and last years was brilliant. We have already smashed last years van attendance, and hopefully this new venue will encourage others to attend as it has better facilities. It was made clear that last years weekend was very friendly and those that came that wouldn't ordinarily go to these things for fear of not knowing anyone, were made to feel welcomed instantly. Yes there are some bad ass Transporters within the group, but most are more normal and obviously owned by far more sensible people than the likes of myself and @T6180. Plus guys like @Deaky @ROMANY TAMPIN @Lord Mfwic @RichDavies82 and many others, have amazing camper set ups and happy to chat modifications all day long. These guys are a wealth of experience and knowledge and love showing that off;)

Lastly, as per last year, Caravans, tents and Motorhomes are welcome and there will be a section to pitch these things separately if they want, or to be fair, the field is so big, your Caravan can be pitched behind your Transporter. After all, we are a VW Transporter community and its the vans that are the stars of the show, so they get priority for photo ops.

The details of the site again are as follows:

Welford Road Sibbertoft,
Market Harborough
LE16 9UJ
01858 880886

Let's hope the weather is good and the gin is a flowing.

Last edited:
Looks like a full itinerary.....Gin..lots of beer ....cycling fishing walking ..lots of T6 talking..and demo’s on how I lowered my van and how many sets of wheels I’ve brought this year .. not to mention the great company that makes it all work ( big thanks to @Tourershine ) :mexican wave:

Even rod is going to make an appearance

Right people, i've been and had a site visit this morning, to get an idea on size and facilities and basically bar a small section as you drive onto the field, that's already booked out, we have the whole field and all the sections, along with the full shower block in the same field.
To give an idea on size, it normally accommodates 60 Caravans, with their awnings and cars.
They have also given me the flexibility to add more people if I want to.

Price: So I had a chat with the lady and negotiated a single fixed night rate of £20 per night. They normally charge extra for anymore than 2 people, dogs, awnings, extra car etc, but they will hold our price at a fixed £20 per night, regardless on the amount of people per pitch, or awning, dog etc. They will open bookings from Wednesday onwards and all you need to is call up, and quote the T6 forum weekend, and pay for the amount of days you want. Although we are officially 17-18-19 of July, many people want to come before and leave later, and that's fine, just let the site know when you pay.

We have pretty much free rein with fire pits and music, but with the fact that other people are on site and to respect that, all the usual you'd expect and not something I have to spell out to anyone on here. They've had issues in the past with huge groups and they stopped them a while back, so we are their trial for future large group bookings. We are not a bunch of morons that pack onto Bournemouth beach and trash the place, so I have no concerns at all in that department. There is a large area that's enclosed with small hedges in the middle and that would be perfect for us to congregate with fire pits and music.
On the congregation subject, again this will all be obvious to people in here, but I need to make it obvious, we are still in a pandemic, we will have several people attending from the NHS within the group, and we will respect the latest guidance. As Boris did with the rest of the UK, I will do too, and trust in everyone else to be practical, sociable and sensible. All this goes without saying, but I need to say it anyway.

The shop will be open on site, and there is the local market town of Market Harborough that is beautiful and has plenty of supermarkets and shops. As per last years arrangements, there is no structure to this weekend, just do as much or as little as you wish.
They have an open air Cinema on the Saturday, along with a cool vintage van that makes handmade pizzas to buy.
You can buy a day pass for fishing if you wish and they cost £8 per day. Day visitors are welcome and they are charged at £1 per car.
The secure entrance is opened with a code that you will be given before arrival by text, the barrier is automatic when you go out.

On a personal note, this is my 2nd year organising these weekends and last years was brilliant. We have already smashed last years van attendance, and hopefully this new venue will encourage others to attend as it has better facilities. It was made clear that last years weekend was very friendly and those that came that wouldn't ordinarily go to these things for fear of not knowing anyone, were made to feel welcomed instantly. Yes there are some bad ass Transporters within the group, but most are more normal and obviously owned by far more sensible people than the likes of myself and @T6180. Plus guys like @Deaky @ROMANY TAMPIN @Lord Mfwic @RichDavies82 and many others, have amazing camper set ups and happy to chat modifications all day long. These guys are a wealth of experience and knowledge and love showing that off;)

Lastly, as per last year, Caravans, tents and Motorhomes are welcome and there will be a section to pitch these things separately if they want, or to be fair, the field is so big, your Caravan can be pitched behind your Transporter. After all, we are a VW Transporter community and its the vans that are the stars of the show, so they get priority for photo ops.

The details of the site again are as follows:

Welford Road Sibbertoft,
Market Harborough
LE16 9UJ
01858 880886

Let's hope the weather is good and the gin is a flowing.

Hi there,
Please add me too. With wife and 3 daughters and a tent. Only got the van last week so will out scouting for inspiration...

Hi there,
Please add me too. With wife and 3 daughters and a tent. Only got the van last week so will out scouting for inspiration...

Inspiration is something these lot have in buckets, so you will have plenty to look at. Drop me your mobile number by PM and I will add you to the WhatsApp group.

Just a couple of thoughts: Would anyone be willing to bring along VCDS and program my folding mirrors and trailer module please (for beer vouchers of course)
With 30 vans has anyone any ideas on identifying vans with forum names?

Just a couple of thoughts: Would anyone be willing to bring along VCDS and program my folding mirrors and trailer module please (for beer vouchers of course)
With 30 vans has anyone any ideas on identifying vans with forum names?
I have a feeling there will be quite a few VCDS users there.

Can't help with VCDS (in fact might have my H7 lights in by then, so could be of use to me too), but on your second point, perhaps an A4 sheet in the windscreen with our forum name and the first names of each of us and our guests ?

Pete

Back