Sub Position

dubdub

T6 Pro
Hi all, I've recently had a very nice audio upgrade and as part of the package I have a large 10" sub under the passenger seat which is a great neat solution but...it vibrates passengers to bits and I'm not sure sonically it's the best spot because you have the seat cushion right on top. So interested to hear...pardon the pun :D what other people have done?

Mines behind the drivers seat facing forwards. (Panel van) (bulkhead cutout)

Hum interesting, mines a combi so tricky to put behind seats unless it will fit under rear seats facing forwards? I did see some people had them housed kinda under the dash facing backwards but that was in a T4 so not sure if it would work in a T6

Mines under the drivers seat. I can feel it but no unwanted vibrations. Have you got it in a good box with plenty of sound insulation?
I discounted other places as I didn’t want it taking up space. Ie boot

Mines under the drivers seat and I get no vibrations. I’d say that the crossover frequency is a little too high if it’s vibrating the seat.

It all a compromise on how you want the van to look or how you want the van to sound...
Me.. I have compromised the ideal positions for subs to ensure OEM look throughout.
If your after sound quality then the subs need correct volume and settings . IMO.

Mines under the drivers seat. I can feel it but no unwanted vibrations. Have you got it in a good box with plenty of sound insulation?
I discounted other places as I didn’t want it taking up space. Ie boot
Which one do you use, and do they need fixing to the floor?

It’s screwed with straps to the top of the metal seat base frame, not sure if it’s also fitted to the floor because I had it professionally fitted but it’s fixed in there very solid, no movement of the box whatsoever. I’m very pleased with the sound too

Back