Stupid things people do

Roadrunner

Grape Yellow Beach
T6 Legend
So the other night I popped around a friends house and while I was on the way though the estate I passed by everyone's drives full of cars, I had to stop and take a second look at one because there were a set of keys hanging from the passenger door. Being the sort of guy I am I went over and took the keys out which I might add were a big bunch with the house keys on. Walked over to the front door and rang the bell. Couple of moment slater a guy comes to the door and looks at me saying hello or something. I held the keys up and said do you always leave your keys in the car door. He just looked sort of gobsmacked and then mumbled thank you . I said no problem and walked off. Mate was not at home so went back to our house and told the wife I was going down to Tesco to get some milk (what ever happened to milkmen) on the way there a lady who lives along the road came home in her rag top beetle (new type) went up to the gate and pushed it open with the bumper, WHAT!!! could not believe it. she took her time getting out or I would have commented on it. Some people do some stupid things. I gave up years ago having my house keys on the car, if you are going to loose some no need to loose both and give the opportunity to some scank to take the car and brake into your house as well. Mind you had that been a Porsche I might well have taken it for a drive.
Saying all that I did find an iPhone one day belonging to some silly headed woman who atfer I returned it could only say thank you then turn back to her friends and carry on chatting, had that been her house I found the keys at I would have commented It did not surprise me being se seems to loose her phone

I must be stupid, left my mobile in a taxi, Car keys and house keys on same key ring and in the past left house keys in front door lol

I must be stupid, left my mobile in a taxi, Car keys and house keys on same key ring and in the past left house keys in front door lol
Done the front door thing a few times and left the keys in the ignition up our drive so I suppose I am no different. Not let the phone in a taxi though

Quite frankly Roadrunner more than anything I like the fact you gave a damn, too many people would not bother to take the time to stop and do that. ;)

I have my front door key on my car key. But this down to efficiency. In the middle of the night when I get mobilised to an incident, i don't need to be scratching around for two sets of keys, need to be able to unlock/ relock the front door with no fannying about. Shoes are prepped with keys in one and radio handset in the other.
I think an awful lot of us are guilty for doing such daft things before (I've knocked on others front doors as keys are hanging from it, and had folk do the same to me). There are good people out there and sometimes our minds are elsewhere due to the hectic lives that we lead in the 21st century.

I never leave the keys anywhere......

Except once last summer.

Looking back I was going through a period of stress due to worrying about work and was getting a little disorganised and scatter brained.

I was looking everywhere for the car keys then as a ditch attempt went out to the car.

I'd left them in the ignition for about 36 hours.

Good job we live in a nice area lol

Back