Storage for day to day use - dog, bike, shopping

Please excuse the photos, if I didn’t do it now I would forget. Hope this helps (ignore the mess!) the dog crate will be a smaller one this is temporary.

View attachment 94908

View attachment 94909

View attachment 94910
Hi. Browsing the forum looking for suitable dog crates for our two when we get our van in a couple of weeks. The one you have in the pics looks perfect, could you tell me what one it is please? Hope you've managed to solve your storage issues - i have similar issues plus an extra dog and an extra child but have to wait and see when I get the van!!

Hi. Browsing the forum looking for suitable dog crates for our two when we get our van in a couple of weeks. The one you have in the pics looks perfect, could you tell me what one it is please? Hope you've managed to solve your storage issues - i have similar issues plus an extra dog and an extra child but have to wait and see when I get the van!!
Hiya, I can’t remember where the soft crate was from, but it’s a collapsible one, I would just Google fabric travel crate. The new one we have to replace that it’s great it’s from pets at home but we bought it direct from the company, it’s pricy but crash tested and very well made. 4pets ECO Dog Crate for Cars Grey | Pets At Home I hope that helps.

I'm interested in learning from those who haven't converted their vans, how you utilise the rear space and keep things 'secure' and stable. I am running a family bus with bike storage when needed, but need to find some ideas on how to keep shopping secure in the rear, or how to keep small loads from rolling about. I guess simple storage boxes are suitable, with some rubber stuck to the bottom to restrict sliding about..... I'm happy to look into a DIY option, but would love to know if there are some cool, functional products out there that can tick the box?

Before I got the bench seat on rails in, which then means you can slide the seats back to form a boot, I built a low bulkhead across the wheel arches from timber and old plyboard so that shopping wouldn't slide all the way to the front

The soft dog crate that @Thegirlwiththeyellowcoat shared is pretty much the same as ours and for travelling we put it in the same position with a caribena connection to a loop on the the seat base . We fitted a fold-forward bracket to the dual passenger seat and the same crate fits perfectly on top (rotated 90), which is where the dog sleeps when we’re touring. It’s like a tardis once that front seat is folded forward.

Back