Stop/start not working even with new battery.

2018 T6, smart alternator. I have the message coming up on the dash at ignition on "Stop/start error", but with no faults showing with OBDeleven. Stop start was working fine up until I had a battery go flat a couple of times. S?S stopped working then, and hasn't worked even with the new batter on. I have OBDEleven pro, is there anywhere I can look that might give me more info as to the fault area?

Did you get the new battery coded in ?
Lots of threads on this on the forum.

Pete

more info here:

first thing to do is code the new battery in.

then clear the fault codes

then do a full reset.

then drive the van and road test.

Note a disconnected battery will trigger the battery relearn which will run for about 20 key starts / drive cycles. ( from my observations) before the stop/start kicks back in.

is its still not working then scan for codes as there will be an issues somewhere.

first thing to do is code the new battery in.

then clear the fault codes

then do a full reset.

then drive the van and road test.

Note a disconnected battery will trigger the battery relearn which will run for about 20 key starts / drive cycles. ( from my observations) before the stop/start kicks back in.

is its still not working then scan for codes as there will be an issues somewhere.
There are no fault codes showing in 0bd11, just the "stop art error" on the dash. The battery is coded in, it's showing in obdeleven as 095 AGM, charging levels seem right. How do I do the "reset" you mention here, and is it wise?

Full Reset.

Is your new battery fully charged? Possibly not - even from new they have discharged.
Fully charge that first and then see.

2018 T6, smart alternator. I have the message coming up on the dash at ignition on "Stop/start error", but with no faults showing with OBDeleven. Stop start was working fine up until I had a battery go flat a couple of times. S?S stopped working then, and hasn't worked even with the new batter on. I have OBDEleven pro, is there anywhere I can look that might give me more info as to the fault area?
Did you resolve this?

I assumed it was just a current shunt so very unlikely to fail but maybe someone more knowledgeable than me could advise??

When I first got this van i was forever turning off the stop start but I’ve gradually got used to it and now I don’t find it a problem. The only time I turn it off is when I’m at a busy junction and may need a quick getaway.

I managed to sort my start stop fault. It turns out the lin wire was faulty even though it had continuity. New wire installed and all sorted

My limbus yellow wire from battery to alternator was faulty, stopped the stop start from working and battery not charging, by passed it with new wire and all good now.

Back