Stop/Start module

AndyAK66

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Has anyone fitted the gadget to the back of the Auto stop start switch, I remember seeing someone purchased on eBay is it any good ?can't seem to find it online

I’ve just had a search for you - have a read of this
and a purchase link is here.

I’ve bought one but not yet fitted it.

Dash out in this weekend, thought I'd kill 2 birds one stone just ordering parts I need

Brilliant thanks I've ordered it this afternoon, can't see it's good for any vehicles constantly stop starting, must admit it nearly caused an accident with the split second pause or restart engine manually

They emailed to confirm they are dispatching the correct unit. will keep you updated

I hate stop/srart causes more problems than it fixes
People complaining batteries not up to job
If every time vehicle starts it takes 180+ Amps to start mist diesels and short journeys make the situayion worse
I am getting a T6 150 DSG in a couple of weeks time
I am thinking of investing in on of these devices

I hate stop/srart causes more problems than it fixes
People complaining batteries not up to job
If every time vehicle starts it takes 180+ Amps to start mist diesels and short journeys make the situayion worse
I am getting a T6 150 DSG in a couple of weeks time
I am thinking of investing in on of these devices
I'd go into it without preconceptions and try it first. Never had any of those issues with any of the vehicles I've had with Stop/Start (6 including a 150DSG T6).

OK, no problem, just a suggestion. If you've already made your mind up that you'll have problems with it then I'm sure you will, and a device like this will be just the thing.

has anyone fitted this gadget yet, I've got one its just turned up no instructions!!

(Module -- Car)
BLUE -- Brown/Black (signal)
RED -- Black (acc/ignition)
BROWN -- Brown (Gnd)

From p.1 of the thread linked above... full instructions there also, easy fit and works well...

Last edited:
As above - I have done it with one of those modules - perfect! The only difficulty is prising the trim out to get access to push the switch out from the rear rear, It should be possible to remove the switch without removing the trim but none of my tools would depress the clips on it.

You don't cut any wires. Just bare them a few cm away from the connector. It is better to remove the pins from the connector first as that way you can use heat shrink over the wires.

Mine arrived with two blue wires, + and -, contacted the seller but he couldn't confirm which one to use, anyone know?

Back