Stop/side light rear bulb.

John the Gas

T30 Highline Van 150 DSG Ir Gry
VIP Member
T6 Pro
I have had a blown stop/side light rear bulb. I thought this would be the double filament usual bulb known as a 380 (21w5w) but it would appear the little pins on the side are slightly different. On the 380 bulb from Halfords the pins are on opposite sides - ie. 12 & 6 o’clock, with one higher than the other. On the VW bulb I have it has the pins at high and low level but the pins are at approximately 12 & 5 o’clock. The guy at Halfords said that was the listed bulb and perhaps I had the wrong bulb fitted. Er no it’s been in there from new - it’s your bulb that doesn’t fit!! I called in at my local dealer at lunchtime today but unfortunately got the company idiot as all the usuals were at lunch. Anyone had this problem and if so what’s the fix?

Hi @John the Gas
It appears, from the manual, that a tailgate model would need a W5W taillight and a P22/4W stop/taillight.
If twin doors, then a W5W and W16W separate lamps.
Hope this helps
Cheers
Andy

693FC581-DF83-4A39-8C19-3113B7C8D362.png

00C4E44E-4953-47A6-8D37-E53B90004165.png

Great thanks for this useful info. I managed to get the Halfords bulb to fit temporarily by filing off one of the pins.

Yeah, they are different bulbs. You can buy the one with the offset pins-just go to any motor factors. Same thing with my Audi. Caught me out in the past.

Back