Std height comfort springs for B8 shocks, suggestions/advice please

BikerPa

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Looking for recommendations for the above for a 6.1 T32 4motion.

The van came to me wearing the B8’s with H&R 35mm lowering spring set which seems pretty good comfort/handling wise.

As the van is a Kombi/day van with pop roof but never going to be a full camper conversion & I do a lot down dirt tracks across fields etc I want to get a bit more clearance without resorting to what I believe are quite harsh OE springs (esp rears) which I actually have.

Currently wearing Devonports with Michelin Latitude Cross’ but would like to change to KO2’s or AT3’s
2EE7D576-940D-445E-B19F-42889EE84527.jpeg
So what should I be looking at & do I need any new rubber mounts/stretch bolts etc?
Any suggestions welcomed TIA
Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Mike, I’m no expert and quite new to this community but based on what I’ve read so far - I think the main factor that determines the comfort is the shocks, as the springs mainly carry the weight. I’m sure the experts will chime in soon enough

@dj_ Thx for the reply.
My concern is particularly WRT the OE rear T32 springs I have.
As I understand it if the spring is too stiff in the 1st place it won’t actually ‘let’ the shocks dampen effectively regardless of their comfort or damping quality.

Maybe I’ve misunderstood this principle, but I’d be happy to be wrong as I’d just get the OE springs put back on

Back