Stance+ Proline Problems

So my heights at current are

Fronts - 390 (centre of wheel to arch)
Rears - 400 (centre of wheel to arch)

Front Sill - 200
Back Sill - 250

I backed my preload off and set it by hand and locked it up but I was getting the bouncing front/nodding dog thing happening. I followed stances instructions and started with 10mm, than 15mm than 20mm. (They suggest 15-20mm)

Adding the 10mm helped with the nodding dog effect a little but it was still there. Everytime after adding preload from 10mm nothing changed.

does my front need to come down more to reduce the effect or am I just expecting too much from coil overs.
Hi mate how are you getting on with your coliovers now, I’ve just got a set and have them fitted by a garage, I’ve got a banging on the left shock over speeds bumps, only with abit of speed tho, otherwise just find the ride quite hard and feel every bit of the uneven roads, just wanted to know ho other are getting on

Hi mate how are you getting on with your coliovers now, I’ve just got a set and have them fitted by a garage, I’ve got a banging on the left shock over speeds bumps, only with abit of speed tho, otherwise just find the ride quite hard and feel every bit of the uneven roads, just wanted to know ho other are getting on
There are 2 springs available on ultra-kits depending on the weight of the van, some heavier ones need the heavier duty front spring, perhaps you have the lighter weight springs.

You have adjusted correctly, the height is adjustable through the strut once the spring is tensioned.

On heavier vans and hitting bumps at speed can result in a knock we have experienced,

Rgds

Ian

There are 2 springs available on ultra-kits depending on the weight of the van, some heavier ones need the heavier duty front spring, perhaps you have the lighter weight springs.

You have adjusted correctly, the height is adjustable through the strut once the spring is tensioned.

On heavier vans and hitting bumps at speed can result in a knock we have experienced,

Rgds

Ian
I have the proline kit for a t32
The garage that fitted, said they have set everything to the instructions for pre load so I’m guessing all I can do is try myself and have ago, just had a quick Measure and one spring was compressed more than the other but then van was on the ground so won’t have a true reading, hopefully that’s all it is

Im saving up to go the H&R spring/Koni shock route TBH.
Not happy with the ride. I got rid of the banging on the left by backing my preload off all the way on both and than setting it to about 5mm. Make sure to have both wheels in the air when you do it as well due to anti roll bar.
The only pluses I have found so far is it got rid of the roll around corners and it looks better lower but at this stage I’m keen to get it outta my van.

Im saving up to go the H&R spring/Koni shock route TBH.
Not happy with the ride. I got rid of the banging on the left by backing my preload off all the way on both and than setting it to about 5mm. Make sure to have both wheels in the air when you do it as well due to anti roll bar.
The only pluses I have found so far is it got rid of the roll around corners and it looks better lower but at this stage I’m keen to get it outta my van.
Ah no don’t say that, I had been waiting ages for crs performance to get them in and couldn’t wait any longer as my top mounts where f***ed, got a message the other day saying there now in stock

but I’ll deffo dry the preload set up it’s annoying as f**k, I don’t mind the ride some much, think I’ll have a play tonight
Thanks for the help

Took them off a couple of months after my last post. Gave me the shits too much. Now on -40mm h&r springs with Koni shocks and it’s unreal. Has slightly more body roll than the coilovers did but sits perfect and don’t make noises.
Thats a wise move , suspension that is virtually bottomed out has no room for travel ( Body roll ) The control of the roll is important and with the KONIs you get the best of both worlds due to the 3 valve system they have . ,,

I always say the equipment is only as good as the people selling it and fitting it , know the limits its important !!

Back