Stance+ Proline Coilovers Review

Wejjmeister

I had my Prolines fitted yesterday. The van is on standard Devonport wheels until the sunshine returns and has been on stock suspension until now.
Having collected the van around a month ago, and travelling approx 1000 miles in her til now, I found the stock suspension to be compliant but quite bouncy. On A roads when ticking along at 60mph it was quite easily unsettled and not the most polished ride. With weight in the back this improved a little but I wasnt all that impressed.
I decided to go for the Prolines as they are a twin tube design and Im eventually planning on putting bigger wheels on with a drop of approx 45mm from stock. I drove home 40 miles last night after having these fitted by the lovely chaps at Northbank Garage and I am really impressed. The ride is firm but super compliant. I have a set of RSX’s on my daily (not a T6) and they are similar in feel I would say. Confidence on bumpy corners is brilliant now, and although she is a LOT lower than planned, Im going to roll with it until the new wheels are here I think.
Value for money is sensational on these. I cannot compare with others like for like but have ridden in a friends B14 equipped van and the phrase night and day springs to mind.

Slammed and chuffed!

FC272857-5050-426E-81C3-579EFB18CABD.jpeg

9F06EA90-A727-421B-80C4-DEC84A84C973.jpeg

I’ve just ordered a set of Stance + with the intention of lowering to around 40mm between the tyre and wheel arch. Are the adjusters graduated/marked to help with levelling - not sure where to set them to start with ?

Hi the adjustment wasn’t too difficult. There aren’t any graduations/markings on the adjusters, I simply measured the gap between the adjuster/collet and a fixed point on the struts. I avoided van to ground measurements due to the variables.

Should have mine arriving today which I am planning to fit over this bank holiday weekend. Any advice / tips ?

I'm thinking that I will start off by having springs under very slight tension front and back so they have good travel available and wind the struts down about 3/4 way down thread ??

We generally have the wheel/tyre with equal gaps around the wheel arch, personal preference really. Just start central and go from there adjusting to suit.

You may need to cut off drop links if they are rusted, so having a set to hand may be useful, just return them if not used. Top mounts may need changed if you have done many miles, but generally ok. Rear rubber spring mounts may need replaced if they are worn, again only likely with many miles.

Good luck

Thanks Eclipse ! That is very useful!! I am hoping as my van has only done 3k mile that top mounts and rear rubber spring mounts should all be fine.

I'm also hoping drop links may come off without a battle but have been soaking them each day in plusgas for the last 3 days to help them along.

On my previous 7 year old T5 I had no choice but to angle grind them off and fit new ones but I'm hoping it doesn't come to that this time lol - Time will tell

Cheers !!

@Wejjmeister
I had my Prolines fitted yesterday. The van is on standard Devonport wheels until the sunshine returns and has been on stock suspension until now.
Having collected the van around a month ago, and travelling approx 1000 miles in her til now, I found the stock suspension to be compliant but quite bouncy. On A roads when ticking along at 60mph it was quite easily unsettled and not the most polished ride. With weight in the back this improved a little but I wasnt all that impressed.
I decided to go for the Prolines as they are a twin tube design and Im eventually planning on putting bigger wheels on with a drop of approx 45mm from stock. I drove home 40 miles last night after having these fitted by the lovely chaps at Northbank Garage and I am really impressed. The ride is firm but super compliant. I have a set of RSX’s on my daily (not a T6) and they are similar in feel I would say. Confidence on bumpy corners is brilliant now, and although she is a LOT lower than planned, Im going to roll with it until the new wheels are here I think.
Value for money is sensational on these. I cannot compare with others like for like but have ridden in a friends B14 equipped van and the phrase night and day springs to mind.

Slammed and chuffed!

View attachment 86902

View attachment 86903
How are they holding up a couple years after installing?

How did these go? I’m debating a set of 40mm springs or stance+. Coilovers dont want the slammed look just want a nice even drop all round 35-45mm max unfortunately the budget isn’t stretching to the bilstien area of the market. Heard mixed reviews our van is camper converted and on 20’s and on stock springs n shocks!

Fitted Stance + coilovers to my Caravelle this week. Done 500 miles since and very pleased with them.

Dropped about 70mm and had 20mm left to go. I set them equal distance of adjustment f/r and the bus is perfectly level without further fettling so that's nice.

Ride is actually better than before. Far less crashy over bad road surfaces. Firmer and handles way better.

For reference I had Eibach raceline on my old t5.1. Those springs cost the same as these coilovers. Whish I fitted these!

Oh you will have to let us know how they go once they have a few miles on them!
6k miles in on these now, still good. This week I had to wind down fully front and rear so I could get under 1.9m barrier at London Excel. Drove 300 miles at full 100mm drop and ride was surprising good. Wound them back up to approx 70mm drop this morning which is best comprimise height to get my caravan hitched OK.

I’ve just ordered a set of Stance + with the intention of lowering to around 40mm between the tyre and wheel arch. Are the adjusters graduated/marked to help with levelling - not sure where to set them to start with ?
Just fit them and measure result, adjust from there. Center of the wheel to the top of the arch . Front and rear arch gaps should be the same . Standard height approx 460. There fore 60 drop will be 400 mm. Stance + might struggle to do 40 mm

Back