Stabilised Voltage Supply For Dash Cam?

rod_vw

VIP Member
T6 Legend
I have a Mio MiVue 6Series dash-cam which although nothing very clever does all that I want.

To enable the camera to come on whenever the ignition is on I have fed it via a USB converter module hidden in the dash its outlet just available under the front lip of the dash tray. The module is supplied via a 'piggyback fuse' from SC31 (Unassigned from Terminal 15 ignition live).

However I have an occasional problem in that the when the Stop/Start activates it partially re-boots the dash-cam.

I understand from the circuit below there is a stabilised feed fitted to T6s made before June 2016 to alleviate this exact problem in certain modules on the vehicle. Does anyone think there will be any issues with me moving my dash-cam feed to either fuse SC22 or SC58? @Dellmassive and/or @Loz I guess you are the most likely to come back to me but others are most welcome.

full.jpg

The voltage stabiliser feeds the dash instrument module so I don’t see a problem.

Thanks @Loz that was my opinion. I just wanted to know if anyone had tried it and come across any problems.

Thanks @Loz that was my opinion. I just wanted to know if anyone had tried it and come across any problems.
I know you already have this cam, but most DCs have 2 feeds to cater for this.

I'll try connecting the feed to SC22 or SC58 and see what happens although with the current lock-down the camper won't be going far in the foreseeable future.

I'll report back eventually.

Back