Andy

Hi
After speaking to Oli at Bognor Motors he has recommended ST Coilovers by KW

Is anybody else using them
Any comments good or bad
Cheers Oli your time

Andy
See

It’s a good recommendation from Oli. For coil over suspension there’s very little competition for these. The quality is outstanding, the ride is outstanding, even all the way down, and the price is even more outstanding when you consider the quality of the kit.

I’ve fitted several of these kits for customers and they have all been delighted with the results.

Hi everyone, new here so please be kind. Did tons of reading so far on forums, google and YouTube trying to learn as much as I can on Transporters. Planning to buy one in the next couple of months.

So my question is : is this coiler being discussed here the same as "ST X COILOVERS"? I'm trying to find coilover kits here in Australia for the T6.1 and I think I can find this model here

Hi everyone, new here so please be kind. Did tons of reading so far on forums, google and YouTube trying to learn as much as I can on Transporters. Planning to buy one in the next couple of months.

So my question is : is this coiler being discussed here the same as "ST X COILOVERS"? I'm trying to find coilover kits here in Australia for the T6.1 and I think I can find this model here
Welcome to the forum! Yes, exactly that. ST X.

It really is the best value and performing coilover kit on the market for T30 or less - it’s a KW v1 in a galvanised body instead of stainless. It doesn’t go as low as some, but low enough.

You can go to an ST XA if you want damping adjustment. This is a KW v2 - same as above

It really is the best value and performing coilover kit on the market for T30 or less - it’s a KW v1 in a galvanised body instead of stainless. It doesn’t go as low as some, but low enough.

You can go to an ST XA if you want damping adjustment. This is a KW v2 - same as above
Thanks mate!

Could the same be said for a t32? My ride is shocking and I’m in the early stages of researching my options.

ST Suspenison don't make Coilovers for T32, so we would be looking at B14 Komforts or KW V1

Are you local to me?

Last edited:
ST Suspenison don't make Coilovers for T32, so we would be looking at B14 Komforts or KW V1

Are you local to me?
That’s a shame after what I’ve been hearing about them (and a few posts on b14 reliability?).

yes, pretty local, Waterlooville, near Portsmouth, so you’re definitely my closest expert :)

That’s a shame after what I’ve been hearing about them (and a few posts on b14 reliability?).

yes, pretty local, Waterlooville, near Portsmouth, so you’re definitely my closest expert :)
The KW V1 is essentially the same as the ST X, the major difference being the front shock bodies are stainless steel rather than lacquered galvanised steel. The internals are the same so the ride quality is just as impressive. The KW V1 is more expensive than the ST X, but a good way cheaper than the B14 komforts with better quality components too.

The KW V1 is essentially the same as the ST X, the major difference being the front shock bodies are stainless steel rather than lacquered galvanised steel. The internals are the same so the ride quality is just as impressive. The KW V1 is more expensive than the ST X, but a good way cheaper than the B14 komforts with better quality components too.
Nice one, thanks for that, I’ll have a read.

As a direct comparison, the B14 Komforts actually sit a bit lower than the suggested 5mm. And it all about van weights and vehicle set up.

We stock all of the above suspension (when all the couriers catch up :eek:) and run demo vehicles for the setups too, so you can come and compare directly

As a direct comparison, the B14 Komforts actually sit a bit lower than the suggested 5mm. And it all about van weights and vehicle set up.

We stock all of the above suspension (when all the couriers catch up :eek:) and run demo vehicles for the setups too, so you can come and compare directly
Nice one, I like the idea of the test drives of the various set ups, but I reckon best bet for me would be taking you out in my van to show what it's like, then see what you'd suggest for it

Nice one, I like the idea of the test drives of the various set ups, but I reckon best bet for me would be taking you out in my van to show what it's like, then see what you'd suggest for it

No problem - DM me your contact details and we can have a chat first

Anyone considering upgrading to coilovers I cannot recommend the STCoilovers enough.
After a chat with Bognor Motors, Ollie helped me decide between the b14 and the ST kit. Short test drive later I was sold and the 100 mile journey home was awesome. Less body roll, road imperfections certainly no worse, and in some cases better with no seat bounce. Also van looks mega now and I cannot stop taking pics and looking back in the carpark (yes at a van!)

pics below. Thanks to the guys at Bognor who turned it round in a decent time fame too! (Note rear wing too )

D5DF7664-A890-48E3-938F-A26E0C5B66A6.jpegE068C922-1A60-4A79-9440-D3878D9FC57E.jpeg1E691A02-905C-4EE8-965B-E3781E500E1C.jpeg

Last edited:
Back