Squeaking noise from D/S wheel T6.1

D11mat

I have a T6.1 and it’s developed a squeaking noise from the drivers side wheel.
I jacked the van up and spun the wheel and it seems to be coming from the driveshaft.
Anyone experienced similar issues?

The van is running Solow coil overs set at 100mm with 19” steels, only been on the van for 6 months max

VW. Design the suspension to keep drive shaft angles around 7 degrees at the extremes . Lowering a van this much simply means the drive shaft angles exceed their design .

Last edited by a moderator:
VW. Design the suspension to keep drive shaft angles around 7 degrees at the extremes . Lowering a van this much simply means the drive shaft angles exceed there design .
Thanks.. seems odd that companies would sell a product that would damage the vehicles. I’ve got the kit set at the highest setting as any lower the noises are unbearable.
I was under the impression that this kit was the best on the market so I paid accordingly

Thanks.. seems odd that companies would sell a product that would damage the vehicles. I’ve got the kit set at the highest setting as any lower the noises are unbearable.
I was under the impression that this kit was the best on the market so I paid accordingly
Sadly there are extreme companies making all their own rules and equipment in UK because we dont have TUV approval to keep them in check sadly

Sadly there are extreme companies making all their own rules and equipment in UK because we dont have TUV approval to keep them in check sadly
I’d always associated Bilstein as a reputable company and had hoped that Transporter HQ would have made developed a kit that was fit for purpose

I’d always associated Bilstein as a reputable company and had hoped that Transporter HQ would have made developed a kit that was fit for purpose
Bilstein is reputable company but they simply make the shock that gets fitted to that kit , it isn’t a Bilstein product and never will be , I guess the show world in us has a place for this type of thing but for everyday practicality , ??? The making of this kit is sadly driven by extreme demands for super low vans From consumers. And not the manufacturers Recognizing this as a real market . Travel to Europe will be very difficult as well because with out TUV status a very low van risks being turned around at the border !

Back