Spotted

Lawce

Construction Site Manager
T6 Pro
Spotted a nice white what looked like a velle going the other way past RAF Stafford this afternoon, and waved:thumbsup:

Spent the day cleaning my son's room, plaster boarding the ensuite, building studwork around a steel support column in the kitchen. So nope it wasn't me - would have waved back if it was though. Ahh that said you did say White; mine is minging brown with the odd spec of white peeking through.

Nor me been to Wakefield, weirdly enough went past RAF Wittering on A1 yesterday which also had a Harrier on the gate.....

Spent the day cleaning my son's room, plaster boarding the ensuite, building studwork around a steel support column in the kitchen. So nope it wasn't me - would have waved back if it was though. Ahh that said you did say White; mine is minging brown with the odd spec of white peeking through.
Hope your going to double plasterboard that steel support for fire regs :rofl: keep up the good work m8

Hope your going to double plasterboard that steel support for fire regs :rofl: keep up the good work m8
Keep to wiring your plugs Sparky, just goes to show what you know - 12.5mm plasterboard with a 3mm skim of plaster achieves 30mins Fire Resistance. Double skimmed 12.5mm board with offset and taped joints gives 60minutes. Bloody glad I didn't get you to rewire my house, and did it myself (and got a proper electrician to connect tails to new board and certificate) - you'd have no doubt doubled up on the price as well. I can't afford my own pop-top, be damned if I'd pay for yours. :slow rofl:
Thanks for the encouragement. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::):):)

Has someone got out of the wrong side of bed today :whistle: ( Use a double layer
of 12.5mm board or a single layer of 12.5mm fire check board for 30 mins protection or if 3 storey 60 mins protection 2x 12.5mm which is what I have due to attic conversion.
Sorry pal don't do domestic electrics usually not enough money in it and everyone thinks they are a spark till something goes wrong then they call us to fault find that's when I would sting you in the pocket for being gobby :rofl: mostly commercial and industrial I do mcc panels, solar farms.hospitals etc oh and testing other people's electrical installations work ( classed as approved electrician:D
I work hard and long hours to pay for things don't need to rip people off on doubling up on prices as work direct for contractors.
My pop top is all payed for so no need for you to pay for mine but thanks for the offer :thumbsup:

Has someone got out of the wrong side of bed today :whistle: ( Use a double layer
of 12.5mm board or a single layer of 12.5mm fire check board for 30 mins protection or if 3 storey 60 mins protection 2x 12.5mm which is what I have due to attic conversion.
Sorry pal don't do domestic electrics usually not enough money in it and everyone thinks they are a spark till something goes wrong then they call us to fault find that's when I would sting you in the pocket for being gobby :rofl: mostly commercial and industrial I do mcc panels, solar farms.hospitals etc oh and testing other people's electrical installations work ( classed as approved electrician:D
I work hard and long hours to pay for things don't need to rip people off on doubling up on prices as work direct for contractors.
My pop top is all payed for so no need for you to pay for mine but thanks for the offer :thumbsup:
Can't wait to meet you at Bala M8, our banter can't help but put a smile on my face.
Oh and no, defo the right side of the bed this morning. To have got out the wrong side would mean climbing over the Mrs!!!!!!!!
That's the beauty of the Building Control Bodies of the country, all interpreting the same guidance differently. Every builder and BCB I have worked with round here all say the same with regards to level of FR afforded.
Hey Ho.

:rofl: You would be in the dog house if you climbed over mrs davey b early this morning.
I like a bit of banter :thumbsup: davey b would you like to pay for my electrics for the van for me ;)
We had to double plasterboard our x4 8"x8"steels for opening the back of the house cheapest option as fire board is silly priceup structural engineer over did it on the calls 5.1 metres each and 1/4 tonne each.
Because we built into the attic had to replace all bedroom door with 30min fire doors, living room and kitchen, what a ball ache as had allready done the doors year before

Absolutely, tell you what let me get yours booked in at that totally awesome place that did mine - honest they were top notch, did a great job and did not damage my van at all!!!!!
They must have made you put in AFA as well if going up a storey. I have put a full LD2 part 6 system in mine as I have gone along, but then I'm paranoid for damn good reason.

Just mains and battery back up smoke alarm on each level and 2x carbon monoxide detectors one for log burner other in utility for gas boiler and plans for another due to fitting 16kw log burner in the kitchen
Better safe than sorry.
I forgot about the trouble you had with that firm but I still need my electrics doing but not by them :thumbsup: davey b do you know any proper electricians :rofl::whistle:

Last edited:
Just mains and battery back up smoke alarm on each level and 2x carbon monoxide detectors one for log burner other in utility for gas boiler and plans for another due to fitting 16kw log burner in the kitchen
Better safe than sorry.
I forgot about the trouble you had with that firm but I still need my electrics doing but not by them :thumbsup: davey b do you know any proper electricians :rofl::whistle:
Don't reckon I'll ever forget it!:eek::cry:

Don't reckon I'll ever forget it!:eek::cry:
@DaveyB I've had a great idea why don't you fit a Hilo pop top roof that will remove that damage that rising sun did:thumbsup:
Come and do some work with me I'm in for the next 2 Sundays carnt do Saturdays as dropping van off to xtremevan and collecting following Saturday

Would love to. Only I can't do this week as it is my duty weekend so on from 0830 Fri till 0830 Mon, so am the duty officer with the responsibility for everything that happens in my particular Fire & Rescue.
What would you like me to do, I am well versed in mopping the floor (cut my teeth on that particular skill 18years ago) and can make a good cuppa?:thumbsup:

Heard your pretty handy on the owd electrics so throw you in at the deep end with me .
Im qualified on the brush done a 12hour night shift sweeping when the production line broke, a long old shift that was
The lads mentioned today how do i get all the good jobs my supervisor looks after me.
My reply i dont moan when i do all the shitty jobs that you lot wont do so im being rewarded , should of seen there faced

Exactly the same, hate house bashing and charge double what it would have originally cost to change a pendant to a light fitting when they connect all the blacks and reds together and wonder why it goes bang (now brown and blue, god I hate the new colours!). Everyone thinks its easy till it goes wrong or up in flames.

I do the odd kitchen rewire if the money is ok but seen some scary stuff behind them cuboards , and we are not talking about spiders :rofl: diy have a go at its

Kitchen fitters are possible the worst of the lot, our NicEic inspector hates them. They get part p on a couple of sockets and are rough as is humanly possible and have the cheek to think they are sparks!

Can't believe the things I found when I started renovating our place - bloody shocking, literally. Got two belts from one particular light switch. Also found the garage lights wired via a 2.5mm cable, run outside the house pinned to the rear brick facade, that terminated in a 3-pin plug which went in to a socket in the kitchen that was a spur from a spur!

Andythom being as you do solar panels on an industrial scale, have you got em on the t6 roof as I was thinking of having it done and wired straight to the h4 headlights :cry:

Back