SPOTTED - 'Was it you?' thread

I support more cyclists on road. Every one is one less car. I ride motorbikes so I understand their vulnerability. They're just guys n girls out enjoying their hobby. Just like me and you.
Plus one - I sometimes think you have to be (or have been) a cyclist / motorcyclist to really see things from their point of view and and therefore treat them with courtesy and a lot of motorists just don't get how vulnerable a cyclist is.

I also ride a motorbike but they can keep up with the traffic so can’t see it being relevant! can’t say I’ve ever held the traffic up on my motorbike!
That being said it’s all light headed humour

Just curious as to why when the Highway Code literally instructs cyclists to use the middle of the lane in certain situations?
If you lived around here, you’ll see, every weekend since the Olympic road race, you get 100’s of Tour de France wannabes doing the same route, could be 20 of them or more in a convoy blocking single lane country roads around here… plenty of up hill climbs which makes things worse… The residents are not happy at all, maybe the roads are to blame

Reactions: Bav
Plus one - I sometimes think you have to be (or have been) a cyclist / motorcyclist to really see things from their point of view and and therefore treat them with courtesy and a lot of motorists just don't get how vulnerable a cyclist is.
Although not a practical proposition, I've always thought that it would benefit all road users if a year on the roads as a cyclist was a prerequisite to getting a licence for any motor vehicle. Once you've had you life endangered by an impatient driver, it's a lot less likely that you'd be willing to put others in that same situation.

If you lived around here, you’ll see, every weekend since the Olympic road race, you get 100’s of Tour de France wannabes doing the same route, could be 20 of them or more in a convoy blocking single lane country roads around here… plenty of up hill climbs which makes things worse… The residents are not happy at all, maybe the roads are to blame
So what? They are fully entitled to use the road.

Beyond that let’s see the big picture - they are keeping fit and happy so are putting less of a tax burden on you and not clogging up the health service. Commuters do the same and mean one less car in the queue at every junction, making your journey faster. If you need to be somewhere by a set time and you know there are cyclists every weekend set out three minutes earlier - is it that hard?

I have a car, a camper, a motorcycle and a few pedal bikes. I love them all and they all give me joy in some way. Even if I didn’t ride I’d still have some basic respect for other humans and a bit of patience/self control. I don’t get the negativity and in some cases the act of deliberately putting other people under pressure or at risk, just for fun or because you think you are more important. Grow up.

Although not a practical proposition, I've always thought that it would benefit all road users if a year on the roads as a cyclist was a prerequisite to getting a licence for any motor vehicle. Once you've had you life endangered by an impatient driver, it's a lot less likely that you'd be willing to put others in that same situation.
Good idea.
I don’t understand why car drivers get the same theory test as motorcyclists but with a few bits on hazard perception taken out either - why not give all drivers and riders the same test? Dumbing down for car drivers isn’t helping anyone.

Like many on here I've been a cyclist, motorcyclist, tractor driver, etc and it's very clear to me that there are only two types of road user; considerate and inconsiderate.
I've seen good and bad examples of all of them, including pedestrians and horse riders, thankfully most days it's all good!

I cycle daily and I’ve taken to using a camera to record dangerous overtakes and I report them to the police (not illegal ones as that would be 10+ reports a day, only ones where I and other road users have been put at risk). It won’t help as the one that eventually does take me out won’t be recorded (forward facing camera only) but at least some people will hopefully get the message first!

Like dashcams in motor vehicles a lot of cyclists are doing this now so be nice or one of you may be getting a letter soon!:devil:

Back