www.Ross-Tech.com

Reactions: mmi
@mmi

Saturday,12,December,2020,06:49:55:00009
VCDS -- Windows Based VAG/VAS Emulator Running on Windows 7 x64
VCDS Version: 20.4.2.0 (x64)
Data version: 20200730 DS317.0
www.Ross-Tech.com
Thanks! Looks like the interface is not even identified as HEX-V2 by the (cracked) software - obviously they didn't bother to tweak that. Looks like the clone most likely was a copy of old hardware.
1608633597081.png

1608633210746.png
The above from:

Thanks! Looks like the interface is not even identified as HEX-V2 by the (cracked) software - obviously they didn't bother to tweak that. Looks like the clone most likely was a copy of old hardware.
View attachment 95960

View attachment 95959
The above from:

Thanks @mmi
That goes a long way to explaining why I can’t code the engine module, but not so much why it has stopped working all together.
I’ve relented. Genuine one on way :thumbsup:

Just to add. If I still can’t code the engine module I will be steaming mad!!! :slow rofl:

• Wow
Gendan don’t piss about. Cable arrived today.

On first scan I got a bit concerned as engine module still had Readiness N/A listed whereas the others didn’t. Just like early cloned scans.

Tried to bypass the long code tool as it still had the drop down menu for byte 5, bit 5&6, so went into Lcode2 as it gives all individual bits. Got to byte 4 and had a message come up advising my to abort. Will post more when I try it again.

Fortunately I’d tried it so many times before, I knew what the Hex code should of been so just did it there.

It took the code first go and CCS all works fine:thumbsup:

Obviously it's time to get full snapshot of the van... ;)

VCDS -> Applications -> Controller Channel Map ->
Adpmap_Blockmap_all.png
Tick the boxes as above and hit Go

VCDS Flashes screens for a moment (when finished hit "Done, Go Back") and in folder C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS\Logs\.... there will be quite a few files:
adpmap-XX-xxxxxxx....CSV and blockmap-XX-xxxxxxx....CSV

Better to have engine running, or charger connected - just to be sure not to flatten the battery.

Obviously it's time to get full snapshot of the van... ;)

VCDS -> Applications -> Controller Channel Map ->
View attachment 96135
Tick the boxes as above and hit Go

VCDS Flashes screens for a moment (when finished hit "Done, Go Back") and in folder C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS\Logs\.... there will be quite a few files:
adpmap-XX-xxxxxxx....CSV and blockmap-XX-xxxxxxx....CSV

Better to have engine running, or charger connected - just to be sure not to flatten the battery.
@mmi
Thanks, I’ll give that a go and see what it tells me. I bet that spits out a ton of data.

@mmi
That’s loads of data! :slow rofl:
Got to pop out now, but any pointers on where I should look first and what I might find interesting?
Thanks

• Love
That’s loads of data!
There's even more - under each control module there is a button "Advanced ID"... to keep eye on if they have updated module software while servicing your van.
where I should look first and what I might find interesting?
Hmmm... it depends... A lot of events are counted in ECU - number of start-ups: manual, automatic, fuel counters, DPF soot and ash build up counters, etc. (file blockmap).

Modifiable parameters are found in the adpmap -file (subset of them also shown under VCDS adaptations). A word of warning here - when you stumble across selection "Reset all adaptations" in the VCDS - do NOT do that as it clears the settings of the module in question and it's not always easy to restore them. As a backup you could do the Raw HEX backup of adaptations - mentioned in my previous post (on screen snapshot).

Then there is another world by recording things (Advanced Meas. Values) while driving - word of warning here: it might be addictive... at least for some of us... :geek:

Back