Solow NSL. Bump stop

66sean

Just fitted Solow NSL on my T6 t32. I’ve got the fronts about 15mm from max low . Ride height is perfect but the bump stops are sitting against the shock and the strut top with no gap for travel. Do you need to trim them ?

@66sean have you spoken to the supplier or manufacturer?
Looking at pictures of the NSL and the shock strut length, it seems incredible that you'd actually lose that much travel.

Just fitted Solow NSL on my T6 t32. I’ve got the fronts about 15mm from max low . Ride height is perfect but the bump stops are sitting against the shock and the strut top with no gap for travel. Do you need to trim them ?
Something definitely isn’t right there. NSL is one of my biggest selling kits and I’ve not seen this issue before.

Can you add a picture showing what you’re describing please?

Hi I will ring transporter HQ when they open Monday , bad photo but hopefully describes issue ,

IMG_1483.jpeg

IMG_1485.jpeg

IMG_1474.jpeg

Looks like the bump stop has just moved to the bottom. How low have you got the collars set? How did you work out what the ride height is set to? 15mm from max low is 80mm drop from a standard ride height. Or are you saying you have set the spring collar 15mm up from the bottom of the strut body threads?

I have set the spring seat 15mm up from the bottom stop. Don’t need a spring though the bump stop is tight against the top mount and tight against the shock . The wheel arch to wheel centre measure is exactly the same as my bluebird custom clovers gave me previously measured at -90mm from standard . The springs were in a box labeled NSL the struts were in a separate box marked t6.1

I have set the spring seat 15mm up from the bottom stop. Don’t need a spring though the bump stop is tight against the top mount and tight against the shock . The wheel arch to wheel centre measure is exactly the same as my bluebird custom clovers gave me previously measured at -90mm from standard . The springs were in a box labeled NSL the struts were in a separate box marked t6.1
It seems odd that the bump stop is in contact with both the top mount and the shock. With the wheel and tyre on and the van sitting on the floor, how have you been able to verify that the bump stop is hard up against the top mount? It is possible for it to slip down the shock shaft, but then it wouldn’t be in contact with the top mount.

Only other possibility I can think of is that you have accidentally been sent the longer shocks from the NXT kit.

One thing you must do though. Disassemble the front end again and fit some dust covers. Your warranty will be void if you don’t have dust covers and the shock leaks because of dirt ingress and seal damage.

Thankyou , yeah that could be a possibility wrong shock good advice with the dust covers thanks will get that sorted

Thankyou , yeah that could be a possibility wrong shock good advice with the dust covers thanks will get that sorted
No problem. I’m still interested to know how you have verified that the bump stop is still in contact with the top mount.

Once the van is on the ground I can’t really see how you can feel or see up into the shock tower to confirm that?

I have jacked it up , the bump stop remains at the top , lower the jack and watched it move down to meet the shock . I think you’re right with wrong shock supplied .

update : I rang THQ , the shock is right part no for NSL the spring is right , has new Meyle top mounts . I’m told that 15mm up from the bottom stop ring is the start point or max low I’ve wound the adjuster to give 20 mm up from the stop collar and can see the bump stop has about 10mm gap to the shock now. I asked what the bump stop clearance should be but they didn’t know because the dust cover is always fitted. I’ve fitted the dust covers and test drove , all good . THQ say the soft foam bump stop is part of the suspension.

Back