Solar panel/charger help

Chris Joyce

T6 Pro
Good evening guys.

I am just in the process of looking into solar panels and charges to upgrade my electrics a bit.

I have been looking at Pv Logic 150w Panels, for the time being I will be using just 1 150w panel but would like the option to upgrade in the future to either a bigger watt panel or add an additional 150w panel.

My questions is which model viltron mppt charger would be best? Would a 100/15 be ok given the possible future upgrade?

I'd like to keep it victron as my other chargers are the same.

Thanks in advance

The 75/15 will be good for 250w

You get about 6A per 100w max.

if you wanna go large then look at the 100/20 . . . . that will give you 20A charge rate. so take around 350W

or more . .

i run the 100/30 with 400W on them., , , 4x 100w mobile panels.

If you can go up at least one size mppt unit as that allows for future expansion.
If you do you can add panels as needed.
I have a mixture of fixed and portable solar blankets, when I am in hot weather due to fridge cycling a lot more I use about 40ah per day or more.
I put a discreet Anderson plug under sill near drivers door, I can plug my 2 blankets ( total 350w) in to add to my 150w fixed on the roof panel.
I guess what I am saying is fitting a bigger sized mppt allows you to add panels if needed, which you may or may not need to do.

Back