So what does everyone do for a living?

Until Tuesday feck all.......
Hi, how do you get on with your caravelle? I'm trying desperately to convince my wife it's the way to go for our next vehicle. We're expecting twins and already have a six year old. Can't think of a more perfect vehicle! What's it like day to day?

Hi, how do you get on with your caravelle? I'm trying desperately to convince my wife it's the way to go for our next vehicle. We're expecting twins and already have a six year old. Can't think of a more perfect vehicle! What's it like day to day?
Hi @Jimbo38 its totally brilliant. 18 months old now but still loving it. We use it a lot for day trips with our dogs plus friends and family.
It's fast, safe, smooth, quiet and comfortable, plus all the gadgets that make it easy to live with.
My wife convinced me to sell our T25 and go for a T6 best thing we could have done, best car we've ever had.
My wife uses it during the week as well, it's a rare day I can get the keys off her, I'm using our second car to get to work most days.
We also use it a lot for days out with our four year old granddaughter, she won't get out of it, loves it.
Also the tailgate makes a damn good umbrella!

Hi @Jimbo38 its totally brilliant. 18 months old now but still loving it. We use it a lot for day trips with our dogs plus friends and family.
It's fast, safe, smooth, quiet and comfortable, plus all the gadgets that make it easy to live with.
My wife convinced me to sell our T25 and go for a T6 best thing we could have done, best car we've ever had.
My wife uses it during the week as well, it's a rare day I can get the keys off her, I'm using our second car to get to work most days.
We also use it a lot for days out with our four year old granddaughter, she won't get out of it, loves it.
Also the tailgate makes a damn good umbrella!
I'm working on it. I can't think of a more perfect vehicle for us.

Currently I'm contracting as Senior Drilling Electrical and Instrument commissioning technician for BP on a new platform.

Also myself and my wife have recently started a home automation business.

I'm a Director of Pukka Insure - we decided that we could set up and offer cheaper commercial van insurance than what's currently available in the market so that's exactly what we did, we are 12 months in and have sold over £25m worth of policies.

I'm a Director of Pukka Insure - we decided that we could set up and offer cheaper commercial van insurance than what's currently available in the market so that's exactly what we did, we are 12 months in and have sold over £25m worth of policies.
Who do I call for a quote Pukka?

I was thinking that when looking at their website but says they go through select brokers but dont say who

As I explained to Tombs, as we are a start up and we dont sell direct to market but through existing UK brokers. Over the next 6 months we will be selling through comparison sites as well as moving into private car which will be exciting times.

Until that point im happy to help people get quotes and try and save you guys some money on any commercial van insurance but thats not why Im here.

Pukka is very niche at the moment mainly insuring whats called high risk. That means if you have had any accidents, got points or even had a ban we will without a doubt be one of the cheapest on the market. We understand accidents do happen and people will pick up points but we dont believe that makes you a bad driver. Therefore all we ask is that you are honest and let us know. Insurers know that people who rely on their van for work have no choice but to pay inflated premiums and we really dont think thats fair.

Yes based in Gibraltor but this is a hard market to enter and very costly so we need to be frugal. I can see how that may look however Pukka does a profit share with its staff and donates 10% of profits to charity each year which leads onto why I am getting a van. We are going to use it to go out into the community and give something back, utilising our staff to do good for people less fortunate.

Rich

Last edited:
How about insuring people that want to drive a van because they can. It appears most insurers think your hiding something if you tell them that.

Premiums are sure to rise when you realise you now need a comfort dash, quad exhaust and a flappy steering wheel thingy.

Thanks Dave really appreciate the comment.

Everyones been really helpful.

Premiums are sure to rise when you realise you now need a comfort dash, quad exhaust and a flappy steering wheel thingy.

Or if you ever need to claim for those LED headlights ha

Blimey Jonny!
Our old place was in five acres of mostly wooded land; I spent a huge amount of time clearing loads of it.

And I strimmed the archery course (on a country estate) last week; three hours of hardcore brushcutting; glad I have a good strimmer (Stihl FS90)!

Blimey Jonny!
Our old place was in five acres of mostly wooded land; I spent a huge amount of time clearing loads of it.

And I strimmed the archery course (on a country estate) last week; three hours of hardcore brushcutting; glad I have a good strimmer (Stihl FS90)!
Yeah that's a good bit of kit. All my gear is Stihl. Mostly I'm on a chainsaw. Oohhh what I'd give for just a nice bit of strimming right now ;)

Yeah that's a good bit of kit. All my gear is Stihl. Mostly I'm on a chainsaw. Oohhh what I'd give for just a nice bit of strimming right now ;)
The strimmkng took about 20 minutes; it was the brush cutting that was the killer. 8ft high, inch thick weeds everywhere!

The strimmkng took about 20 minutes; it was the brush cutting that was the killer. 8ft high, inch thick weeds everywhere!
In that case, if you ever have to do something like that again, a hedge cutter on a pole will change your life xxx

Back