So what does everyone do for a living?

In that case, if you ever have to do something like that again, a hedge cutter on a pole will change your life xxx

I have one: I reckon my brush cutter was more effective for this job plus it doesn't make my arms fall off as much!

I do lack a chainsaw though; had to sort a fallen tree branch (about 8" thick) and with a little hand axe last week. Took some doing!
Used ropes to avoid nasty injuries.

Are you a landscape gardener then?

This was it; basically the very overgrown perimeter including that bank at the back.
Took two tanks of fuel to do it!

19402225_10154582540907805_2869352400777821663_o.jpg

Are you a landscape gardener then?
A while ago I was but I'm now mostly an arborist. I do big land clearance jobs. I also look after housing estates and large land estates. I cover North London to North Norfolk, basically East Anglia.

I'm getting a bit worried @Jonny , your sending @Polzeylad xxx and you've just called him a beast, please don't start discussing denim dungarees and trimming bushes between you both :rofl:
We have a special bond

I used to be a Quantity Surveyor in the civil engineering sector...packed it in when I had Phoebe as she has congenital heart disease and I just couldn't leave her. Now work as an SSA in a primary school...crap money, bloody hard work, but get the holidays with Phoebe which us the most important thing at the minute.

I used to be a Quantity Surveyor in the civil engineering sector...packed it in when I had Phoebe as she has congenital heart disease and I just couldn't leave her. Now work as an SSA in a primary school...crap money, bloody hard work, but get the holidays with Phoebe which us the most important thing at the minute.

Gosh you seem to have had a pretty tough time; amazed at how positive you are. Very inspirational.

Glad Phoebe is well, we had the same with Chris, congenital TAPVD, undiscovered until he was 3 months old but after 4 goes of open heart surgery, made a full recovery, changes your outlook somewhat..

Glad Phoebe is well, we had the same with Chris, congenital TAPVD, undiscovered until he was 3 months old but after 4 goes of open heart surgery, made a full recovery, changes your outlook somewhat..

Phoebe had no atrial septum...we found out by accident at 10 months old...despite my constant visits to GP and paediatrician...branded an over anxious mother.

It's quite harrowing sending them off for surgery isn't it? How old is Chris now?

Tell me about it, you think your kids are getting on with their life then find out one has MS. I just forget he has ht and let him goe on with his life, if he needs help he will ask

See...most people have these things going on in their lives. There are very few people without issues on one kind or another.

Phoebe had no atrial septum...we found out by accident at 10 months old...despite my constant visits to GP and paediatrician...branded an over anxious mother.

It's quite harrowing sending them off for surgery isn't it? How old is Chris now?
And if you were like my wife you cried your heart out when they went off.

He will be 26 in December, he also had 8 hours of back surgery 2 years ago and breezed that as well.
He was right in the middle of the Bristol Heart Surgery "scandal" at the time but his surgeon did an amazing job.

And if you were like my wife you cried your heart out when they went off.

Actually, my husband was worse. I'm the sort that has to find everything out and so was prepared, but he was a bury his head in the sand sort of chap...hit him much harder really.

Back