So what does everyone do for a living?

Handyman, worked in IT for 30 yrs, took early retirement in 2017, with the idea of having 3 months off...:rolleyes:, 2.5 yrs later decided I needed to start working again and stop living off my retirement money :confused: so set up my handyman biz, love the freedom, get at my pension next year so the van will get lowered with big wheels and upgraded stereo will be fitted :thumbsup:

I know it’s a cliche but those last 3 years will fly by but don’t wish them away, just make the most of your time away from work.
Can’t believe I’ve got a couple of half days to do and then I’m a pensioner.

Yes Si you are so right. I've done this since I was 18 and there'll be a big gap when the time arrives. I have fond memories of the old boys counting down their pay days :thumbsup:

LOL. My sometimes sick sense of humour has prompted me to consider some 'Private Ambulance' magnetic stickers for the sides once the van is how I want it.
If thgings get any worse your local NHS trust might take you up on it.

There is a mechanism within some trusts by which private vehicles can have “blues” fitted!

Yeah, managers personal cars or winter contingency hired 4x4's will have hidden subtle blue strobe lights for out of hours on-call situations. But, unmarked vehicles due to their lack of presence causes more stress than enough. In our role, we need to be seen from every angle and the Green / yellow Battenberg stripes are invaluable.

Yeah, managers personal cars or winter contingency hired 4x4's will have hidden subtle blue strobe lights for out of hours on-call situations. But, unmarked vehicles due to their lack of presence causes more stress than enough. In our role, we need to be seen from every angle and the Green / yellow Battenberg stripes are invaluable.
I meant for when you’ve retired....a wee bit of bank work...!

HSEA (Health, Safety and Environmental Advisor) Offshore for almost 30 years, mainly based at Aberdeen. This creates a bit of an issue with MY18 T6. Its left unmoved for up to 3 weeks at a time so need a jump start every time I'm home.

I don’t know how I’m going to make it through tomorrow, I might have to take the van for a mid day nap

Back