Sliding-Window Bug Screen

Lord Mfwic

I'm Batman.
T6 Legend
I’ve seen post about these but could not find anything when I searched so apologies for starting another post.

I’m after the vents that fit in the rear sliding windows that stop the midges from entering the van whilst offer ventilation when camping.
If you have these, would you mind sharing your experiences. I’d like some good quality ones that you can leave in situ when away from the van.

I’m sure I had seen some half size ones of these, so you didn’t have to have window fully open.
Gonna need to have something as I am off for a week in Scotland in August. MidgeLand. It’s funny cos they never bother me, but they aren’t half attracted to Mrs DaveyB and by god does she not react well to their bites!!!!

I’m sure I had seen some half size ones of these, so you didn’t have to have window fully open.
Gonna need to have something as I am off for a week in Scotland in August. MidgeLand. It’s funny cos they never bother me, but they aren’t half attracted to Mrs DaveyB and by god does she not react well to their bites!!!!
It’s the other way round with us. They just love to chew on me. Got bit by a mozzi 2 days ago and my calf has swollen to the size of a small country and turned a lovely shade of purple.
@Peatey would be very jealous. :)

I’ve just spoken to Jerba vans and you can close the window almost fully shut but not quite. Also, they ONLY fit factory fitted windows.

What I’m thinking is I like to leave the driver and passenger window open a couple of inches (still covered by the wind / rain guard I have fitted) so that I get ventilation during the night, but rain can’t get in. I wouldn’t be able to do this with the side windows, so a solution for the driver / passenger window may be better for me...

I’ve just spoken to Jerba vans and you can close the window almost fully shut but not quite. Also, they ONLY fit factory fitted windows.

What I’m thinking is I like to leave the driver and passenger window open a couple of inches (still covered by the wind / rain guard I have fitted) so that I get ventilation during the night, but rain can’t get in. I wouldn’t be able to do this with the side windows, so a solution for the driver / passenger window may be better for me...
I have the front cover that hooks over the doors and goes over the windscreen. I leave the front window 90% down when camping but it doesn’t give great ventilation as the cover acts as a barrier to the breeze.
I was thinking using the side nets on both rear doors would also give a through draft at night.
It’s 35 degrees in the day and around 26 at night so this tin can gets rather warm.
I’ll get 2 ordered when I get back and try them out at the T6f Summer Meet.
I’ll let you know on quality.

Dude, I've got a pair of these you can borrow for a week if you want to cover the postage? Transporter T5 T6 Kombi California and Caravelle Window Grills - CSI Parts

Factory Kombi windows only.

Dude, I've got a pair of these you can borrow for a week if you want to cover the postage? Transporter T5 T6 Kombi California and Caravelle Window Grills - CSI Parts

Factory Kombi windows only.
That's very kind of you @Insert Coin. They are the ones I had seen previously, interesting to see that getting the bug screen on the back of them is an optional extra. I'll probably go for these cheaper ones, but have a look at @Lord Mfwic first at caffeine & machine.

That's very kind of you @Insert Coin. They are the ones I had seen previously, interesting to see that getting the bug screen on the back of them is an optional extra. I'll probably go for these cheaper ones, but have a look at @Lord Mfwic first at caffeine & machine.
First job when I get back is to get them ordered.
Will have them at C&M as I’m probably going to go straight to Rutland waters for the T6f summer meet the next day.
Are you attending @DaveyB ?

can anyone tell me the measurement of the Kombi sliding windows aperture so i can see the difference between my aftermarket one, and if i could get the bugscreens to fit
thanks

First job when I get back is to get them ordered.
Will have them at C&M as I’m probably going to go straight to Rutland waters for the T6f summer meet the next day.
Are you attending @DaveyB ?
@Lord Mfwic Definitely aiming to be at C&M. Probably won’t be at Rutland as have to drive down to Weymouth & Portland Sailing Academy on the Sunday for a weeks long event.

Ordered 2 of the side window screens for Jerba campers. Good service and product is good.
Used them over the weekend whilst camping with the T6 forum meet at Rutland waters.
Take less than 10 seconds to fit and work as you would expect. Keeps out the bugs whilst keeping the van well ventilated.
fullsizeoutput_22c9.jpeg fullsizeoutput_22ca.jpeg

Ordered 2 of the side window screens for Jerba campers. Good service and product is good.
Used them over the weekend whilst camping with the T6 forum meet at Rutland waters.
Take less than 10 seconds to fit and work as you would expect. Keeps out the bugs whilst keeping the van well ventilated.
View attachment 47438 View attachment 47439
@Lord Mfwic, would you recommend? I’m away in van in Weymouth at the moment and the van is seriously warm, but with the plague of flying ants swarming about, daren’t leave the windows open. Up in Scotland in a weeks time and we all know what those wee Scottish midges are like, really got to get something ordered this week.
How long did they take to arrive once ordered?

I have the midge screens from Jerba - Very quick delivery, I ordered them on Friday was told that they would be sent on Monday and I received them on Monday morning! Definitely the pukka anti midge mesh. I made my own years ago when ready made midge ones were not available but these were worth the cost. ( My body is a banquet for midges whereas my daughter was never affected by their bites)

@Lord Mfwic, would you recommend? I’m away in van in Weymouth at the moment and the van is seriously warm, but with the plague of flying ants swarming about, daren’t leave the windows open. Up in Scotland in a weeks time and we all know what those wee Scottish midges are like, really got to get something ordered this week.
How long did they take to arrive once ordered?
They took 3 days to arrive and so far so good. I used them at the T6 summer meet, left them in all day and night and the van was very cool during the night.
I wouldn't leave them in when driving as they might come loose and fall out but they are worth the money and work well.

Enjoy your trip.:thumbsup:

Have a look at Jerba Camping based up in Scotland (so should be good with the ferocity of the wee Scottish Midgy!).

Am I correct these are plastic much like the factory supplied ones? Are they as "flimsy" though? My VW supplied ones feel like thick cardboard! Similarly, the VW supplied ones don't fill the gap all that well. There is a clear 1-2mm gap that insects can gain access thru let alone midgies!

Back