Sliding Door Store (diy)

Kev_

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Evening all

I've been thinking about making a 'door store' similar to those on the internet. My mrs has popped out for an hour so I thought I'd have a look at starting it.

If anyone has done this before and has any advice I'd appreciate it. If it works out I'll draw the template and add it as a pdf for everyone to use..

20200131_195901_zpsmbpdddb2.jpg

Last edited:
This looks interesting, I think the plastic ones look a bit 'plasticy' :)

How's it going?

Be careful how much weight you add. I have a table in the door and the added weight causes the door car fixing studs to come loose when slamming the door.
I’ve considered the power latching solution but what a complication just to close a door.

I didn't get much further than above for now because I want to add an ikea blind to the door too and think it's better to make a full pannel with the storage. As soon as I have the blind I'll crack on and get back to you

I modded a loc8 to also include a storage pocket (in the top of the card). Attempted to make the whole card from ply 1st..... Wasn't simple to get right and I wasn't happy with the finish.

My intention is ply with plastic pockets attached. Where ever I get to with it I'll put it in here.

Reactions: DUB
Back