Outside sliding door handle not working

bdnck

Hi, sorry if this has been posted previously I've tried to search but only find things relating to power slide doors.

The outside handle on my sliding door has stopped working, you pull it and it does nothing. Still works fine from the inside.

I've not taken the door card off yet to have a look but before I did thought I'd see if anyone knows what I need to be looking for/fix/replace.

Thanks in advance

Generally the mechanical connection for locks and latches is a Bowden cable - one cable sliding in an outer cable like the bike cables on a pedal bike.

Possibly one has become unhooked in the door or possibly it's jammed, but having a look inside the door is probably the next step.

Generally the mechanical connection for locks and latches is a Bowden cable - one cable sliding in an outer cable like the bike cables on a pedal bike.

Possibly one has become unhooked in the door or possibly it's jammed, but having a look inside the door is probably the next step.
Cheers, my plan was to strip it this coming weekend and have a look. It was just to see if anyone knows what I should be looking out for

There was this thread of sort of the opposite problem

Unfortunately the (in)famous recall due to water freezing in Bowden cables in the T6.1 front doors rather clutters the historical search.

Back