Sliding door middle hinge

Davidh

VIP Member
T6 Pro
I'm having issues with my sliding door rubbing and was hoping you kind people could help clear up a few things. Had a look through the forum for related threads but other people's hinges seem to be rubbing in a different area than mine.
The middle roller on my sliding door rubs off the cover panel circled in the picture. I see there is a spring on the roller but I'm not sure how this should work. When I push the door towards the van it stops the rubbing as there is play in it but once the pressure is removed the door comes back out away from the van. Is there play in other people's doors ie. Towards and away from the van or should this spring/roller keep the door pulled in tight to the van. Thanks!

20220813_191102.jpg

I would remove the cover and take a look at the mechanism, there is content on the Forum regarding this, use the Search function.

I would remove the cover and take a look at the mechanism, there is content on the Forum regarding this, use the Search function.
Thanks yeh I'd seen the info regarding removing the cover. Was just hoping to hear if anyone had a similar issue so I could order a spare then replace without having to remove it and replace twice.

Thanks yeh I'd seen the info regarding removing the cover. Was just hoping to hear if anyone had a similar issue so I could order a spare then replace without having to remove it and replace twice.
Worth having spare plastic studs as they break plus adding some sealant where they penetrate the body, I have read about cases where rain has entered through the stud holes.

I'm having issues with my sliding door rubbing and was hoping you kind people could help clear up a few things. Had a look through the forum for related threads but other people's hinges seem to be rubbing in a different area than mine.
The middle roller on my sliding door rubs off the cover panel circled in the picture. I see there is a spring on the roller but I'm not sure how this should work. When I push the door towards the van it stops the rubbing as there is play in it but once the pressure is removed the door comes back out away from the van. Is there play in other people's doors ie. Towards and away from the van or should this spring/roller keep the door pulled in tight to the van. Thanks!

View attachment 168726
Did you get this resolved ? I am not sure if it’s the same issue as me but it looks similar. I replaced bottom roller ( aftermarket) and made no difference so I put the orginally one back on. Door seems to move out slightly on that part you are showing and is hard to run

Back