Sliding door middle runner problems

If you compare the pictures, you’ve Probably noted that the nut on top is missing completely. Its probably fallen off or never was there...

If you compare the pictures, you’ve Probably noted that the nut on top is missing completely. Its probably fallen off or never was there...
Oh yeah I can see what you mean now. I hadn't removed it. When I found the issue the bracket was very loose. I hand tightened it a bit just to lift the door off the paint work.
I retrofitted power latching, hopefully that won't interfere with the warranty claim

I had this problem on my Caravelle, it only use to rub the bodywork if the door bounced while closing, (they were fully electric doors) I reconed at the time to adjust and tighten everything I could. My Caravelle was out of warranty so my resolution was to pack out the channel the guide runs in with a couple of washers (just before the guide bends inwards). Because of the angle of the panel etc this gave me a good 2-3mm of extra clearance. This worked well for me and I then got the panel repainted! That said, if it’s under warranty just let VW sort it

Nick C
I have a slightly different problem with the same repair I think?
I have got 10” J rims fitted and the door hits the tyre in the last 6” of travel , it’s due to the thicker door cards the Caravelle has. I was thinking of shimming to stop that curvature at the back causing the rubbing but there doesn’t seem to be much clearance on the trim - don’t want the hinge rubbing that!
How did you get to it and how much can I shim?

Back