Sliding door card rubbing on wheel arch

Deaky

Life’s too short to drink shite beer
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Got a problem with both my sliding doors. Just as the door gets to the end of the runner, as it clips in to the end stop the electric opener seems to pull/push it into the arch, when it's clipped in there is about a 5mm gap. If I open the doors manually then it doesn't happen. Both my arches are scratched now th_Suicide.gif Is there any adjustment on the mechanism?

Find that strange if there ok if you open the doors with the handle but not with the button press :confused:..dont see the difference ?
There is a fair gap from the door to the wheel arch on mine but i image with the internal door cards fitted that reduces ? I will see what happens to mine when i have the door cards fitted . Not sure if there is any adjustment on them.

Just noticed mine has done the same, any idea on how to stop it?
Not yet mate. My van is away having the roof done. When I get it back Listers Droitwich are going to look at it for me.

There is some slight adjustment in the door but at present not sure if it is the right direction to prevent the damage.
@Zoookii out of interest what type SLD do you have?. Soft close/manual/full eletric.

Thanks.

I seem to have solved my issue :)

It was the O/S door that was rubbing and after further investigation I found that one of the clips had popped out and the door card was sticking out a bit too much.
I replaced the clips on that panel with new ones and it seems to have fixed it.

I had this happen when I used 6mm ply and carpet lining.
Had to go down to 3mm and that clears fine .
Non electric doors

Hi! I have this problem with mine. Both my sliding doors , both manual, have scratched my rear wheel arches. It has been back to VW van centre twice now. They said they adjusted the doors but it's still rubbing. Any ideas as I do not want it going back to the garage?!

Listers in Droitwich sorted mine. They moved the bottom runner brackets as fat out as possible and put some spacers behind the sliding rail down the side of the van.

I seem to have solved my issue :)

It was the O/S door that was rubbing and after further investigation I found that one of the clips had popped out and the door card was sticking out a bit too much.
I replaced the clips on that panel with new ones and it seems to have fixed it.
Hi, I think I have the same issue, O/S door scratching the top of the wheel arch on a T6 2016 Carravelle.

The door trim looks a bit loose on that side compared to the other, so it could be the same.

@Zoookii and anyone else, how did you find removing the door card and replacing the clips, any tips? Is it a DIY job or more of a garage job?

Thanks in advance

Back