Sliding-door break-in

The thing it's a constant game of cat and mouse.

The manufacturer makes things,

The scallywags reverse engineer them to find vaulnerbilities.

This is a mechanical issue....

The worst thing is the electrical haking. Ie keyless entry and start.... Once that's been hacked it's game over ..... 15year olds can learn from the internet how to drive away with a 100k range rover using a tablet and few bits off eBay.

(That's how my 2008 BMW 350D was stollen, key code grabbed from local shops, followed home to location, they returned at night, blipped themselves into the car... Plugged in an eBay black box into the obd port to hack the car.... Then just drove off..... The main failure was BMW dong away with the physical blades key. For a keyfob that slotted into the dash.... That meant it could be overridden.)

The good thing with our T6 is that you need a physical key........to put in the barrel.

Thats why most if not all T6 thefts are done by steeling the keys..

And why having a Ghost type immobiliser is so important.... Even with the keys they can't drive it away.

It's sad that you need to do this to your van and frustrating why manufacturers can't see or won't see the week points. Imagine an impenetrable van. Sell like hot cakes. But then you realise the dealers wouldn't make money on the parts side of things to replace the damage.
Problem is it’s very much a British ’disease’. I’ve worked in other countries not far from our borders and in some people don’t even lock their cars.
I don’t think VW profits much from vehicle vandalism.

Hi all thanks for all the feedback and information. hopefully getting the new door fitted later this week and I will be getting the hook lock fitted once i get it back.
i was wondering if it was worth keeping the old door maybe of use to some one on here as there is nothing wrong with it apart from the obvious hole that is.

hi all someone tries to break in to my van passenger rear side door fitted with slam locks did not get in cause a lot of damage door and internal lock damage need to get a blank plates to cover over the damage see picture can anyone help thanks

IMG_6569[1].JPG

I had the puncture above the side door handle break in this week, Lakeside Ikea in Essex around midday... so blatant and many tools missing.

I need to stop the possibility again but also don't want to add too much inconvenience to my day to day use. I will of course do the door reinforcement and I'm also considering adding some electric deadbolts that work off the existing central locking. While not being fool proof to grabbing the signals out of the air it would have stopped the current attack. Maybe an extra kill button in the cab hidden to disable as well.

My van isn't even sign written so the chancers must have just tried every van they see. I didn't even notice immediately when I got back to the van, so decrete the entry on the driver side door. They did both side doors at the same time.

Last edited:

Wow, so quick!

Relatively small damage on mine....took a lot more than one tool box though :(

1698478343340.png

Unfortunately the more stuff that gets posted online just acts to ‘educate’ those who might be tempted.
I can get into my Kombi with my bare hands and a rag, I’m not posting how for that very reason.

Unfortunately the more stuff that gets posted online just acts to ‘educate’ those who might be tempted.
I can get into my Kombi with my bare hands and a rag, I’m not posting how for that very reason.
I agree, I have a plan for mine with electronic solenoid bolts that will activate separately from the central locking but every time I park the van. I won't be posting a how-to though of course as it just fuels the workaround. It won't be fool proof but it would have stopped this recent attack and is relatively convenient compared to the van vault type option and locking and unlocking them every time I need a tool.

The best deterrent would be if the old bill nicked people doing this and locked them up rather than worrying about 17 year old lads singing inappropriate songs at football matches, it’s rife round my way,

The best deterrent would be if the old bill nicked people doing this and locked them up rather than worrying about 17 year old lads singing inappropriate songs at football matches, it’s rife round my way,
It’s so common my ends that every time to I go to the van I’m almost bracing myself to see if anyone’s tried anything. Depressing.

Hurt feelings are much more important than lost livelihoods & criminal damage.

Just as an off thought…
How much of a swerve do you think fitting fake camper glass to rear quarters / rear doors would help minimise people thinking it was a work van and just a people carrier etc? Might stop them even considering punching the doors?

I have a deep black Kombi (barns) and have been wondering more and more about fitting full fake camper glass to make it less tradie ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just as an off thought…
How much of a swerve do you think fitting fake camper glass to rear quarters / rear doors would help minimise people thinking it was a work van and just a people carrier etc? Might stop them even considering punching the doors?

I have a deep black Kombi (barns) and have been wondering more and more about fitting full fake camper glass to make it less tradie ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I've been considering the same thing. If they look closer though they'll release its fake of course.

Very little chance of that under Mayor Khan and the others.....65% fall in neighbourhood police, response is everything, no proactively, soon to be no stop and search due to unfounded complaints and fear of losing your job for doing your job.

I've been considering the same thing. If they look closer though they'll release its fake of course.
Sure
But I wonder if they’re cruising around quickly snooping, a fully windowed van may not register as ‘tools to nick’ in their skulls.

May hopefully just look a bit more camperish. Who’d have thought even making a sleeper work van would ever be a viable idea. Mad.

Sure
But I wonder if they’re cruising around quickly snooping, a fully windowed van may not register as ‘tools to nick’ in their skulls.

May hopefully just look a bit more camperish. Who’d have thought even making a sleeper work van would ever be a viable idea. Mad.
I was about to suggest this. A mate who’s a chippie done this and has not had any bother since doing so.

Back