Sliding-door break-in

Nick0

I have had my T6 broken into today via the side door, the opposite side to the handle.
I have slam locks fitted to both rear tailgate and side door , but this did not stop them from wrecking the door
by drilling and then wrenching out the metal see picture.
does anyone know if there is a purpose made stainless steel plate that i can get IMG_1698.jpgIMG_1698.jpg

There's these, though I think they're for the around the handle rather than where they attacked your door.

Sorry to hear that. Deadlocks added to door would’ve stopped that.

Wow what a mess!!. What a scumbag. Any tools go missing with it??

My work vans have deadlocks fitted to the side and rear. Bit shit after the event though.

I have security slam locks as fitted to Amazon Vehicles etc, but still didn't stop them
when you say dead locks do you mean the hook locks ?

Gits .

I had similar at the handle side of the door ..

I had a stainless steel plate fitted to the new slider.( They do one to cover that area too)

See here:

I have security slam locks as fitted to Amazon Vehicles etc, but still didn't stop them
when you say dead locks do you mean the hook locks ?
Just a deadlock as in the photo above in the right hand side of the sliding door to that it can’t pop out, then it cant slide either.

They are quite good, that was until Vauxhall decided they were trying to fix the side door. It's now rendered it useless.

The issue with the side door is it has a few places where it is vulnerable to this type of attack, in your photo above they have gone for the clasp itself, but as we have seen in the past, there are also a couple of other locations further down where the pull cable travels between the lock and the clasp where the Scrotes make a small hole to get at the cable.
By using a mortice or hook type lock on the right hand side of the slider you can stop this sort of attack.

example:
D01F809C-1DBD-4709-B80D-0B7143910121.jpeg

Yeah, them the ones. At the end of the day though the little scumbags will still get in. Saw a pic once of a van where the door was peeled back like a can opener and the tools nicked. Pi**es me off why no one hears anything.

The issue with the side door is it has a few places where it is vulnerable to this type of attack, in your photo above they have gone for the clasp itself, but as we have seen in the past, there are also a couple of other locations further down where the pull cable travels between the lock and the clasp where the Scrotes make a small hole to get at the cable.
By using a mortice or hook type lock on the right hand side of the slider you can stop this sort of attack.

example:
View attachment 186818
Funny you say that.

After the body shop fitted my plate.

We removed the inner door card again and bonded various layers of additional 3mm plate steel all the way along the beldon cable route.

In an attempt to protect it.

Its just another layer of protection that will add time to gaining entry.

yeh they done us bad. . . .

they punched a hole above the slider pull handle. . . .

This now seems to be the only vulnerability in the T6, the side slider, handle set, belon cable and catch hook.

+++

At first we wanted to keep this out of the public domain,.. . . . but now its common knowledge, the T6 has been out since 2015 and this is a known vulnerability.

so as T6 owners we should be aware of the potential problem.

(they also do plates for the rear doors, but so far I've not seem any attack vectors from that angle)

+++

this is what they done to open the slider, the alarm and tracker etc went off, but they had emptied the side of the van out and driven away before we even got out the building we was working in - (a 3man team, one driver and two guys doing the smash & grab)

1675511638523.png

through the hole and with extreme force, used a bar to mechanically smash & override the internal locking button. . . and the slider opened. - causing the alarm and tracker to go off.

1675511700647.png

1675511753200.png

when the replacement slider and lock was fitted i removed the internal lock button to prevent a repeat occurrence.

new door and lock etc . . . with the Armour guard. .

1675511881442.png

the next mods were . . .

to add layers on steel plate . . . along the beldon line right up to the catch pin.

1675512005671.png
1675512035551.png

1675512047513.png

1675512062869.png

we built up 3 layers of steel using fire mastic as adhesive, which is semi fixable when set, so that will give them a good challenge to get through.

i think the rough thickness of the door is now about 35mm.

we also unhooked the Beldon and reclipped it allong the middle of the steel plates. . . . so its not in the expected location.

+++

we didn't want to fit the slam locks or other locks due to the Oxymoron effect. . . .

ie, "if you have beefcake locks on a panel van - then you have something to hide,"

for us we like the OEM stealth look . . . as in just an empty panel van.

+++

this is the area that needs protection. . .

1675513088602.png

im not sure what improvements they have made to the 2019 T6.1 and onwards.

hopefully they have made moves to stop this attack?

i know they have now removed all key barrels except the passenger door ( for emergency entry)

but don't know if they have better protected the beldon cable , lock and handle mechanism.

+

@Nick0

I've added a link to your thread over here, as its relevant to the "side slider attack".

When I had my van converted, I discussed security with the converter. He said as part of the conversion they use the cutouts from the windows to make a plate to sikaflex to the inside of the sliding door, to reinforce the area in question.

yeh they done us bad. . . .

they punched a hole above the slider pull handle. . . .

This now seems to be the only vulnerability in the T6, the side slider, handle set, belon cable and catch hook.

+++

At first we wanted to keep this out of the public domain,.. . . . but now its common knowledge, the T6 has been out since 2015 and this is a known vulnerability.

so as T6 owners we should be aware of the potential problem.

(they also do plates for the rear doors, but so far I've not seem any attack vectors from that angle)

+++

this is what they done to open the slider, the alarm and tracker etc went off, but they had emptied the side of the van out and driven away before we even got out the building we was working in - (a 3man team, one driver and two guys doing the smash & grab)

View attachment 186843

through the hole and with extreme force, used a bar to mechanically smash & override the internal locking button. . . and the slider opened. - causing the alarm and tracker to go off.

View attachment 186844

View attachment 186845

when the replacement slider and lock was fitted i removed the internal lock button to prevent a repeat occurrence.

new door and lock etc . . . with the Armour guard. .

View attachment 186846

the next mods were . . .

to add layers on steel plate . . . along the beldon line right up to the catch pin.

View attachment 186847
View attachment 186848

View attachment 186849

View attachment 186850

we built up 3 layers of steel using fire mastic as adhesive, which is semi fixable when set, so that will give them a good challenge to get through.

i think the rough thickness of the door is now about 35mm.

we also unhooked the Beldon and reclipped it allong the middle of the steel plates. . . . so its not in the expected location.

+++

we didn't want to fit the slam locks or other locks due to the Oxymoron effect. . . .

ie, "if you have beefcake locks on a panel van - then you have something to hide,"

for us we like the OEM stealth look . . . as in just an empty panel van.

+++

this is the area that needs protection. . .

View attachment 186851

im not sure what improvements they have made to the 2019 T6.1 and onwards.

hopefully they have made moves to stop this attack?

i know they have now removed all key barrels except the passenger door ( for emergency entry)

but don't know if they have better protected the beldon cable , lock and handle mechanism.

+
It's sad that you need to do this to your van and frustrating why manufacturers can't see or won't see the week points. Imagine an impenetrable van. Sell like hot cakes. But then you realise the dealers wouldn't make money on the parts side of things to replace the damage.

Back