Sliding Door Adjustment! Built In Table

Pau1GTI

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi Guys,

I'm running a vanshades built in table and when the sliding door is open it's very close to hitting the rear arch. If opened quick enough it may even touch a bit.

I'm going for a swamper look soon and planning oem plastic arches. I have a feeling it's definetly gonna touch.

Can the door be adjusted out slightly and if so how do you do it.

Cheers Paul

20190215_190416.jpg

You can get a bit of adjustment by slacking off the bolt on the slider that runs along the bottom of the door and pulling the door away from the van. Only 5mm or so.

You can get a bit of adjustment by slacking off the bolt on the slider that runs along the bottom of the door and pulling the door away from the van. Only 5mm or so.

Thanks Deaky. That's maybe all it needs.

Sorry to sound a complete doofus but which bolts need to be adjusted? DF406FD4-649F-4035-8248-6A73C532D695.jpeg

Thanks Deaky, I have power latch doors which is why it didn't seen so obvious, but hopefully it will still work!
Mine are electric, perhaps that's why I don't have that cable latch

I need to make this adjustment too because mine in toughing the wheel arch when opening.

If you make this adjustment to the front, will the door still fit flush when closed? I've seen crafter vans with an aftermarket middle latch lever which opens the door much wider to allow for the 2" wide pod where the rear window goes. Could we use these?

The cable is only on the caravelle to lock the door in the open position which is useful when parking on a hill. It's not fitted if you have electric sliding doors.

Back