Skyline SkyLo Roof

Redkeels

Looking at roofs for our next project and wanted to know if anyone has had one of the new Skylow roofs fitted? Any feedback appreciated.

Im also in the process of looking at a Poptop roof for my T6 and I am interested in the Skylow roof - I've read a lot of good things about the Aurora but the low height of the Skylow makes it worthy of consideration. Skyline with be at Busfest with their demo vans this weekend so hoping to see one in the flesh and talk to the guys at Skyline direct.

Im also in the process of looking at a Poptop roof for my T6 and I am interested in the Skylow roof - I've read a lot of good things about the Aurora but the low height of the Skylow makes it worthy of consideration. Skyline with be at Busfest with their demo vans this weekend so hoping to see one in the flesh and talk to the guys at Skyline direct.
Hi, did you get to see the Skylow at Busfest?

One of the guys at Skyline said they’d sold 35 Skylows on Saturday. I liked the roof from what I could see of it, it’s a proper rival for HiLo now I would say.

Went to BUSFEST and spoke with the Skyline guys - very friendly and helpful was the feeling I got. As a new owner of T6 (4-months) this will be my first pop top so we had some very basic and some more technical questions about pop roofs which were all answered in simple layman's terms and the guys didn't overcomplicate the answers. We spent over an hour talking & looking at the Skylow & Aurora roofs & I have to say I was very impressed with the Skylow - ease of operation & the locking system were excellent.
I was told that they had fitted over 20 as trials (Guinea pigs basically) following the launch early July and the feedback had been good with only a few niggles - which could be expected from a brand new product I guess. Skyline team told us where to find all the competition at BUSFEST, so we had a close up look at others at various displays, Reimo, SCA, Stealth, HiLo. Although all have their pro's & Con's at the end of a very good day we went back to Skyline for have another look and a further chat - similar to Insert Coin were also told they had taken orders for over 25 Skylow roofs during the day - prior to BUSFEST we had been told that fitting availability was already at mid-November.
I was told that TUV testing for the Skylow was scheduled for November.
I am keen to refit the roof rails on my Poptop and the Skylow doesn't officially accommodate this at the minute but again I was told this was already on the design table for a change as there had been lots of enquiries for the same thing and would be in place for when I wanted to place an order.
We have now arranged to go down to the factory at Weston-Super-Mare mid-October to discuss in finer detail with a view to placing an order (pending the roof rail design change and TUV approval). Based on all that if we are still happy then we think an installation on our T6 will be in the new year.
I look forward to posting some photos as and when its done.

I also spoke to Skyline Roofs at Busfest. I was due to have a Skylow roof fitted to my previous van late last year (I was first in the queue at Skyline Roofs North - after they had done their own van), but due to delays that didn’t happen and by the time they called me to finalise details I had sold the van and it’s replacement was a LWB which is still quite a way off. I was impressed with the roof they had at Busfest though.
seemed far better quality and engineered than a Hilo imho however it doesnt lift as high.

I paid the deposit today for a SkyLow installation for my SWB T6.1
They have a great offer on at the moment where you get a free scenic canvas and standard bed if you order in October.
My van hasn't even been built yet (forecast build March) but Skyline said they would happily keep me penciled for the new year.
Considering I was always going to opt for the SkyLow this was a no brainer!

I paid the deposit today for a SkyLow installation for my SWB T6.1
They have a great offer on at the moment where you get a free scenic canvas and standard bed if you order in October.
My van hasn't even been built yet (forecast build March) but Skyline said they would happily keep me penciled for the new year.
Considering I was always going to opt for the SkyLow this was a no brainer!
That’s really interesting! I’ve seen the offer available but written it off because my van, like yours, probably won’t arrive until March! Have you gone direct to Skyline or via an approved fitter? I’m currently trying to design my build so hopefully I can be camper ready for the summer!

That’s really interesting! I’ve seen the offer available but written it off because my van, like yours, probably won’t arrive until March! Have you gone direct to Skyline or via an approved fitter? I’m currently trying to design my build so hopefully I can be camper ready for the summer!
I went directly to Skyline in Weston-super-Mare. I explained my situation to them, about my van being some way off and they were totally fine with it. They said the only condition to be eligible for the £500 of free-bees is that you pay the upfront deposit in October 2021. They don't actually have any availability in their diary until Jan 2022 anyway so it's fairly academic.
They've penciled me in for Monday 29th March 2022 (approx when my van will be delivered) but say they're totally fine we me needing to pull/push the date once I know more about the build and of my T6.1

I'm also in the process of designing my interior layout, but the general advice seems to be - if you're considering a Poptop, get that done before you touch anything else. Makes sense when you think about it haha.

I decided I'd get my SkyLow installed by Skyline rathe than a 3rd party limit the chances for error (what with it being such a new product) Interior convertion can come later down the line.

At least now I can rest easy that my SkyLow installation is in the diary. It would be very frustrating to wait a year for a van to be built and then have to wait several more months for a Poptop fitter to have some availability.

Only thing I would say is that if you want to run wiring along the roof line then you probably want that done before fitting the pop top. On my standard Skyline roof the box frame that is bonded in completely covers all looms running front to back which caused me some frustrating workarounds which would have been easier had I known in advance.

Its a shame I spoke to them last week about the LWB Skylow and they said they had no intentions to make one anytime soon :(

Have you seen the October sale offer from Skyline that is on their facebook page?
A fantastic deal from Skyline Roofs!
Order a fully fitted Skyline Roof in October with a £500 deposit and you will receive free of charge a standard roof bed and scenic canvas worth £500!

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone who had had a skylo fitted have any detailed photos of the inside and outside of the roof they could share with the forum?

The photos they have on the site and on Facebook are underwhelming. I'm left thinking this is no HiLo

So picked up my van today after having a SkyLow fitted which was installed by the team at XtremeVans.

I have to say initial impressions are that it's an excellent product. I love the way it looks, you can barely tell it has a pop-top fitted until you are up close. No loss of internal headroom, you actually gain a little bit (maybe 5-10mm) on the inside. It's my first pop-top but it's very easy to put up and pull down, and uses the same locking mechanism at the front from the Aurora. The guys at Xtreme did a great job with the installation as well, and managed to relocate my existing lights to the sides and added a light on a separate switch up in the pop-top itself. No squeaks or creaks on the journey home, and no noticeable additional wind noise at motorway speeds either.

Overall very happy with the results, couple of pictures for anyone that's interested. Happy to share more details for those considering the SkyLow.

A74FFB12-F680-4773-870A-0321F08D3B04.jpeg
B1C44689-EA11-417E-B390-323A2CF67976.jpeg
A4864CA5-57BA-4E26-B5CF-78A800910D8D.jpeg
115705FB-7047-483D-9218-35C412459CF9.jpeg
1DCAF489-E2A2-4938-99A7-AA35F808EBB7.jpeg
69F586B6-4191-459D-B946-57B0595D630D.jpeg
BE4DBEF5-7368-42DC-8CAA-3FEA2F96E7A3.jpeg

So picked up my van today after having a SkyLow fitted which was installed by the team at XtremeVans.

I have to say initial impressions are that it's an excellent product. I love the way it looks, you can barely tell it has a pop-top fitted until you are up close. No loss of internal headroom, you actually gain a little bit (maybe 5-10mm) on the inside. It's my first pop-top but it's very easy to put up and pull down, and uses the same locking mechanism at the front from the Aurora. The guys at Xtreme did a great job with the installation as well, and managed to relocate my existing lights to the sides and added a light on a separate switch up in the pop-top itself. No squeaks or creaks on the journey home, and no noticeable additional wind noise at motorway speeds either.

Overall very happy with the results, couple of pictures for anyone that's interested. Happy to share more details for those considering the SkyLow.

View attachment 134412
View attachment 134413
View attachment 134414
View attachment 134415
View attachment 134416
View attachment 134417
View attachment 134418
Looks fantastic. I'm waiting for the LWB version.

BTW, are they 18 or 20 Supermetal Cells?

Back