Silly Question?

Not my cup of tea either and I don't like the low fronts, looks like they are a rip off job for the speed bumps around my neck of the woods.

Drove an oem rideheight kombi as a loaner prior to buying my own, as a try before you buy type of thing. Kept thinking it was really walowy on country roads/ bends, which I did not like at all.
I then bought a kombi with eibach 30mm lowering springs straight from vw. This held the road better, but I found it uncomfortable as the struts were not working in their normal operating parameter.
Having now switched to B14’s it is so comfortable you can sit all day in it. I love it and would never swap it back to oem.
I like the lowered look. It’s great that some folk don’t, otherwise it would be a bloody boring world.
As to thinking VW have it right on everything that is OEM, not sure I prescribe to that view i’m afraid. They have shareholders and fatcat bosses who want their massive bonuses so everything is built to a knife edge budget. If not how can you explain the dashboard cup holders/ EGR valve issues/ Adblu system issues/ kombi rear windows that have leaked since the days of the T5 etc. The list goes on.

Drove an oem rideheight kombi as a loaner prior to buying my own, as a try before you buy type of thing. Kept thinking it was really walowy on country roads/ bends, which I did not like at all.
I then bought a kombi with eibach 30mm lowering springs straight from vw. This held the road better, but I found it uncomfortable as the struts were not working in their normal operating parameter.
Having now switched to B14’s it is so comfortable you can sit all day in it. I love it and would never swap it back to oem.
I like the lowered look. It’s great that some folk don’t, otherwise it would be a bloody boring world.
As to thinking VW have it right on everything that is OEM, not sure I prescribe to that view i’m afraid. They have shareholders and fatcat bosses who want their massive bonuses so everything is built to a knife edge budget. If not how can you explain the dashboard cup holders/ EGR valve issues/ Adblu system issues/ kombi rear windows that have leaked since the days of the T5 etc. The list goes on.
Got to agree about VW having it right, in the short time I have been a VW owner somethings they do are ridiculous like not giving a print out on each fuse box just what the bloody fuse is!!!!
Must also admit, I do take it easy on country roads with bends, mind 99% of the time, the dog is in the back with her harness attached to the saftybelt.

Got to agree about VW having it right, in the short time I have been a VW owner somethings they do are ridiculous like not giving a print out on each fuse box just what the bloody fuse is!!!!
Must also admit, I do take it easy on country roads with bends, mind 99% of the time, the dog is in the back with her harness attached to the saftybelt.
I dont drive mine quick enough for better road holding to be much of an advantage as its s bit big for spirited driving so im more than happy with the wallowy( plush?) ride. I may be tempted at some point to up my wheel size as the original ones do look a bit lost in there! But i wouldn't want to make it feel sluggish by upping the final drive.

If I were to fit -40mm springs on my Exec, would that give me a 20mm drop?
Correct!

I'm too new to the T6 world to answer that question. I believe the Exec has an OEM 30mm lower suspension set of springs. But I can't be certain.

I am sure an expert will be along soon to give a qualified answer

Im certainly not an expert but it is a 20mm drop from the factory on the exec.

BF1CFA9A-3C0D-4F48-9857-CF5CDF08A749.jpeg I’d like to throw my two pence worth....

I’ve a T30 LWB that I’ve had for 8 months now.

When first getting it, the first negative I noticed (the list of positives were huge!) was the very soft suspension. Far softer than the 2002 Trafic I had before it. Going along in a straight line is lovely but come to a roundabout and my confidence dropped. So I had to look da adjust my driving. Although I always planned on lowering on coilovers (was thinking B14 at the time) this characteristic made me deffo decide.

While trying to work out how to pay for B14’s, Transporter HQ brought out So Low by Bilstein.

In a nutshell, B14 will lower 40 - 70mm, while the So Low will go from 80 - 130mm! I thought well if I’m gonna lower it, 40mm won’t be quite enough for me. I would probably go closer to the lowest at 70mm. But then realised there’d be less travel and probably stiffer ride etc.

So I got the So Low kit with the sole intention of haveing it at its highest setting. Do the coilover is working as easy as it can, etc.

I’ve just had it fitted last Friday. The ride is UNREAL!!

It’s important to note I think, that I also fitted 17” banded steels and I believe it would feel quite different if I was in 20” wheels.

Anyway, it’s amazing. The handeling is sooooooo much better, not harsh in anyway. Round our way we’ve a million speed ramps and there’s no bother with any of them.

Cost me a bloody fortune (if the missus knew, Christ!) but worth every penny/Euro.

Cheers
Adam

I've got the B14s and the H&R ARBs. The van has only been dropped by around 30mm but the ride and handling is enormously improved now. The difference is amazing. The van no longer crashes and bounces out of potholes, it rides through them really smoothly. In terms of handling, the ARBs provide a similar improvement. I can hit a bend in the road and no longer have the worry of being able to make it without having to grab a load more lock half way around. Body roll has been eliminated and it handles more like a car now. No more passenger travel sickness!

And the van looks significantly better too. Beforehand I could almost stick my head between the wheel-arch and top of the tyre. Now it's a much more balanced look. IMO of course.

Back