Side Lights /fuse Issues.

Mayfair Pete

Hi
I’ve just joined as I have a problem with my 2018 T6 van.

I had a towbar fitted and all was well whilst I towed a trailer with led lights but towing with normal bulbs appears to have overloaded a fuse. It would appear that they’ve wired both left and right hand trailer lights together at the socket and connected them to the right hand side lights on the van.

I’ve paid the £12.99 to become a VIP member and downloaded everything I can find on fuses but can’t seem to find any mention of a fuse for the side lights.

I’ll be getting the towbar fitters back to sort it out but in the meantime I have to be in Southampton at 5am and don’t fancy a motorway drive with no rear lights. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Peter.

Peter
I am no expert but have a look at this one, if I am wrong I’m sorry and I am sure an expert will be along shortly
67207C3C-50E6-487B-9484-1BE15ADCD8A6.jpeg

From memory the trailer fuses are under left seat (mine is LHD but should be the same for RHD). There is a fuse holder of about 12 fuses - though not many there. Three at around middle are for trailer.
Have a look at picture (yellow, yellow, blue) ---> Electrical interface...What is it for?

Rear tail lights and interior lights are on the same fuse. I would have thought at the very least your fitter would have used a bypass relay.

Fuse below. 7.5a
BEC565EB-F510-451A-81D1-E1ECCC3677A5.jpeg

Thanks for all your replies.
I didn’t manage to fix it but with s bit of bodging I rewired the trailer plug through the rear fog lights just for today.
The towbar fitter is returning to fit a different relay and hopefully that’ll cure the problem.
Thanks again.
Peter.

Back