side-light LED bulb recommendations?

Curryzz

T6 Pro
Hi,

I’d like to upgrade my 501 sidelight bulbs to LED. In the past i’v noticed they didn’t last that long or become faulty. I’m sure technology has improved by now.

Any recommendations for a good bulb / product?

Thanks in advance

Paul

These Osram W5W LEDs are good, although they’re not allowed for road use, not being approved. Make sure you get the ones with three dots for brightness.

B2437729-29D6-409C-B45A-41AA4C477B42.jpeg

70C3A12C-F32F-4F06-808A-7AE85A180330.jpeg

Amazing, Thanks

I will keep them in mind, iv actually
just ordered some Ring ones to try out but if they are not up to the job il try those

DCBF285E-CB4A-4612-BCE7-522F0C989E7B.png

I’d be interested to see the result. Mine have been in for more than 2 years and have been faultless. I’ve got 4 in my interior light too (Passat W8 unit) and it’s like a floodlight!

Excellent. I’m looking at fitting the Osram night breaker headlight bulbs too, iv heard the headlight bulbs are a nightmare to fit? Il start with the side lights & see how I get on I think

I’ve put Nightbreakers in mine (H7) and they’re an improvement. It’s easier if you take off the top of the air filter on the driver’s side.

Your avatar shows that your lights are H4 and I’m not sure if they’re more or less difficult than the H7.

Ok, I can do that. Are they H7s in all T6s, iv seen people mention H4s too? Iv got a 2019 T6. Paul

Ok, I can do that. Are they H7s in all T6s, iv seen people mention H4s too? Iv got a 2019 T6. Paul
Yours are H4 in your avatar. Mine are the twin H7s which were optional, but rarely taken up as an option on panel vans. They were fitted to some Shuttles and Californias IIRC.

Last edited:
Yours are H4 in your avatar. Mine are the twin H7s which were optional, but rarely taken up as an option on panel vans. They were fitted to some Shuttles and California’s IIRC.

H4 Twin filament I need then. Cheers for you help. Iv got allot to learn. Iv lost count of the amount of VWs iv had but it’s my first van / camper

You’re welcome. :thumbsup:

Absolutely! It’ll be amazing when we can all get back out camping again!

Absolutely! It’ll be amazing when we can all get back out camping again!

Yes, I bought the van in October & iv not used it. Luckily I made some adjustments so I can get her in the garage. It’s been a blessing actually, its given me plenty of time to do the jobs I want to do without the elements making it difficult

9C20B285-AD1B-4A40-AAF1-61BB5837660F.jpeg

It’s nice that you can get it out of the wet and cold.

I used the first lockdown to do loads of jobs on mine I’d been meaning to do. The thing is, when the weather was good, I’d go away, so the jobs were piling up!

Guys,

Adding on from your recent advice, do you know what bulbs are used for the day time running bulbs? I’d like to upgrade them too. Thanks

Guys,

Adding on from your recent advice, do you know what bulbs are used for the day time running bulbs? I’d like to upgrade them too. Thanks

These are what I used, no flickering or errors on dash :thumbsup:

Thank you. Just removed the side lights. Not much room, I see what people mean. Just hope the ones Iv ordered are small like the originals so they fit

Back