Side door rust spot.

JDC

VIP Member
T6 Guru
I was cleaning the van over the weekend and noticed a spot of rust on the passenger side door near the rear wheel. I noticed it a while back but it looks worse now. It's a 16plate so doubt it's under corrosion warranty. Is this another VW issue that VW know about that VW pretends to not know about. Any advice would be grateful. Ta. 20230819_145540.jpg

I bet its stone chip damage and nothing to do with VW corrosion warranty.

I've discovered something very similar on both sides, although mine's the main panel rather than the door - see post here:

Mine's also 2016. I'll be taking it to the local body shop soon to get it sorted before it spreads any further.

I've discovered something very similar on both sides, although mine's the main panel rather than the door - see post here:

Mine's also 2016. I'll be taking it to the local body shop soon to get it sorted before it spreads any further.
Yeah its the main body pa el not the door. Mine's both sides but worse on the passenger side. I'll have a look at the thread. Cheers.

Had a little look and the main bits seems to zinc inclusion and not the rust I have. Just means I'll be checking my van closely for the zinc bubbles now. Oh VW!!!

If you get a microscope and look there will be a pin hole, which is caused by stone or any other debris that is thrown from under the front wheels.

Most aftermarket wheels come with extreme offsets - which pushes wheels out passed the bottom of the arch.

Back