Rust around side door handle

Salty Spuds

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
I found some rust spots & a bit of paint bubbling under the side door handle yesterday. Nothing major. Our van is Oryx White & there isn’t a touch up available for it due to it being pearlescent. The rust is under the door handle so pretty inconspicuous. My plan is to remove the handle, clean up the area, dab a bit of Kurust on the spots, and touch up with some generic white paint.
My question is, what shade of white would be the closest match to the Oryx base coat? Any pointers would be appreciated.
9A3885FB-9516-4845-914F-364FF3EDD231.jpeg

I found some rust spots & a bit of paint bubbling under the side door handle yesterday. Nothing major. Our van is Oryx White & there isn’t a touch up available for it due to it being pearlescent. The rust is under the door handle so pretty inconspicuous. My plan is to remove the handle, clean up the area, dab a bit of Kurust on the spots, and touch up with some generic white paint.
My question is, what shade of white would be the closest match to the Oryx base coat? Any pointers would be appreciated.
View attachment 173424
I got a Genuine VW touch up for Blackberry Pearl, so I’d have thought you could get one for yours. Mine was 2 piece.

Has anyone done anything to try and stop this happening? It appears to be a design fault, with the handle itself chipping away at the paint which obviously allows the metal underneath to rust.

Back