Rust on rear panel in front of the wheel arches

Windmillguy123

I'm after some advice, I have a 69 plate Kombi T32 LWB 4motion & I recently noticed some small bubbles on the paint work just in front of both rear wheel arches. 2 bubbles on the driver side and 1 on the passenger side.

The van was ceramic coated about 9 months ago, it is washed and polished reasonably regularly and only does approx. 15k miles each year so I think it's ludacris that a stone chip on the body work could start to rust so quickly.

VW are using the 'external influences' argument to avoid repairing it under warranty but is there anyway of successfully fighting this?

Put some pictures up so we can see what’s going on. VW will do whatever they can to get out of rectifying it.

Did you get anywhere with vw on this one? My van is less than 2 years old, 13k miles on it and what looks very much like a zinc inclusion has appeared. Van is generally pretty well looked after and never noticed any stone chip there before, although I'm pretty sure I know what the answer from vw will be....

I'll take it round the dealer but concerned about leaving it too long while fighting it with them when all they'll likely do is a spot repair in the end, if anything.....20220221_210557.jpg20220221_210637.jpg

Wondering whether anyone else has had this or has any advice for a fellow sufferer. I've got a patch of rust starting just in front of each of the rear wheel arches, currently around the size of a finger print.

PXL_20230817_171413541.jpg

Back