Shuttle Roof Switches in black?

nicktrst

Hi,

I have a 2017 Shuttle and I'm wanting to to the roof lining, A pillars etc in Suede. But all my switches for the AC, lights etc are cream in the rear. Has anyone done this and changed them to black, and if so where do I get the parts from.Screen Shot 2023-03-19 at 13.42.46.png

I don't think VW do them in black, could be wrong though.

If you check out New Wave Conversions on Instagram, they have their conversion van plastics painted black by an external company that they mention on a couple of posts. I don't remember the name of the company, but going by NWC prices I doubt they'll be cheap.

Just
I don't think VW do them in black, could be wrong though.

If you check out New Wave Conversions on Instagram, they have their conversion van plastics painted black by an external company that they mention on a couple of posts. I don't remember the name of the company, but going by NWC prices I doubt they'll be cheap.
Just messaged them now and they are local to me! cheers

I have sprayed all my grey plastics in black.

I used PlastiKote Super Multi Surface Spray Paint in Gloss Black.

Make sure you sand the surfaces before you spray them though. I used wet and dry 1500 to make sure there was a good key for the paint.

Had no issues at all with them in 2 years.

0FA5C0D6-747B-443F-9B9A-7A2B309BB384.jpeg

E061A14C-2F62-48D5-904C-B0C7831828EB.jpeg

0FECBCEE-AA47-448A-AE79-FEFB366AE2A8.jpeg

Hi,

I have a 2017 Shuttle and I'm wanting to to the roof lining, A pillars etc in Suede. But all my switches for the AC, lights etc are cream in the rear. Has anyone done this and changed them to black, and if so where do I get the parts from.
I like you plan! Exactly the same issue with mine. Have a look at this conversion and maybe we could ask what did they do with the switches, handles…

I like you plan! Exactly the same issue with mine. Have a look at this conversion and maybe we could ask what did they do with the switches, handles…
wow thats nice!!!!!!

I was thinking of doing my headlining in the summer, anyone else done it?
Yep, it’s not easy. Just make sure you get decent trim glue and let it dry on both the headliner and the suede, that way it will hold when you need to pull the suede to fit the contours.

I certainly did, not paid for any of my retrim, did it all myself.
Was this a task? I was planning on doing in on the lounge table with the wife...... so could be a few arguments there! with regards to my white AC/Heater switches I will tackle that another day. Any tips on installing the lining?

Patience is the key. When you spray on the trim fix glue, let it dry on both the headliner and suede before you stick them to each other.

The suede is 4way stretch and is very forgiving.

Back