Shuttle bed (LWB)

flatfourtour

Hi all,

I am looking to get a bed for my T32 Shuttle I have taken the third row of seats out so it’s set up as a 5 seater. I was thinking of getting the amdro bed as I don’t want to lose space when it’s not in use. The only issue is that my middle row of seats are 3 individual ones.
Any ideas on a bed that could fit like the amdro one over the back of the seats that folds up when not in use so it doesn’t use up space.
I've tried to scour the internet but I’m coming up blank with a suitable alternative.
Thank you

Hi Guys,

After some advice....just bought a T6 Shuttle 19 plate and want to be able to remove the back row of seats and add a folding bed off the second row for camping, but want the flexibility to put the seats back in if required to carry more passengers.
Spoke to @Amdro and SlidePod and they have said the kombi type will clash due to the difference in the trim, and the shuttle version will only work if I leave the back seats in.

Anybody have any experience with his and could recommend someone who offers this setup please?

Cheers,
Gav

I'm in exactly the same position except that I need the loadspace for bikes, and when the grand-kids come round need the passenger seats, so seek a workable solution for both scenarios. I don't mind chopping into the trim however, if that means I can use an 'off the shelf' solution.

We could produce a besboke unit for you if you were to order together however in is unlikely you could use the bed system with the third row of seats in.
Interesting proposition, thank you Slidepods. How would you suggest taking this forward, looking at feasibility? Are you able to show the setup and operation using virtual rendering/animation or is a visit needed?

We could produce a besboke unit for you if you were to order together however in is unlikely you could use the bed system with the third row of seats in.

As someone who's likely about to buy a LWB Shuttle, I could also be very interested in this!

I am picking up a LWB Shuttle in the next week or so. I will be doing the same, but not sure if we are going to keep the flexibility of refitting the rear seat yet, or just delete it.
I also need the option of putting bikes in, but I will be building my own to me exact requirements I I can't find a cost effective solution I can adapt.
Will be interested to see what others have done too.
Thanks

I’ve now bought one from Infinity Customs in Bristol, but don’t want to take any customers from @slidepods their work looks the bollocks, I’d just already ordered mine before they replied to my call for help. Good luck guys...

I’ve now bought one from Infinity Customs in Bristol, but don’t want to take any customers from @slidepods their work looks the bollocks, I’d just already ordered mine before they replied to my call for help. Good luck guys...

Mind me asking what exactly is it that you ended up getting? Something similar to the Amdro thing that attaches to and folds down from the 2nd row of seats (which would be ideal for my needs I think!)? Or something more slidepods-like, that folds out from a pod in the boot?

Ambro system was exactly what I was after, but they didn’t do one, and they were not very forthcoming with advice either!!. The infinity customs one sits like a parcel shelf out the bottom section when the seats are folded down, but can be easily dismantled if you want to take out and put the back seats in VW Transporter shuttle kombi bed

Ambro system was exactly what I was after, but they didn’t do one, and they were not very forthcoming with advice either!!. The infinity customs one sits like a parcel shelf out the bottom section when the seats are folded down, but can be easily dismantled if you want to take out and put the back seats in VW Transporter shuttle kombi bed
That looks like a pretty neat solution, really good price too. Maybe a bit of a faff to set up if you're carting around a mattress or airbed and duvet etc? But hey, it's camping after all, there's got to be a bit of faffing around.

EDIT: Does it store away quite neatly in the van, just lays on the floor?

That looks like a pretty neat solution, really good price too. Maybe a bit of a faff to set up if you're carting around a mattress or airbed and duvet etc? But hey, it's camping after all, there's got to be a bit of faffing around.

EDIT: Does it store away quite neatly in the van, just lays on the floor?
Yeah, give them a call, was really helpful when I spoke to them

I spent quite a while researching a similar option for my LWB shuttle but couldn't find a good solution. My van is currently having caravelle rails and bench fitted now. Not a cheap option but I'll get a reasonable amount back for my existing seats etc to soften the blow and it will be very versatile.

Sadolin Black fence paint, was on offer in WHAT!
No primer just straight in with that? looks great in the pic. Also what do u use for a mattress? I was planning to use an air bed but I think it's gonna be quite high up with that on and I was thinking about maybe trying something more slimmer. I haven't been able to use the setup due to lockdown.

No primer just straight on with 2 coats, I used a self inflating mattress 7.5cm thick on mine
Ok great thanks I'm gonna give that a go. I will report back. Intrigued on the self inflating mattresses it surprises me to think they would be comfy enough. Must investigate them thank you.

Screenshot_2021-04-29-11-28-06-72.jpgScreenshot_2021-04-29-11-28-53-37.jpg

Back