Hello from carlisle cumbria.

FlyingStart

Just saying a hello. Just joined the site as I'm looking at getting a T6 or 6.1 shuttle or caravelle if I can find one that my budget meets. Driving a x-trail 7seater just now but find when we go anywhere with our family it's not big enough, having 3 dogs that's the boot space taken up and 3 kids me and the wife. Or and half the house that goes with the family...hehee
So shuttle 8 seater but thinking of keeping the middle seat out the 2nd row. Will have to see how much boot space is in the swb version for the dogs. Caravelle same 2 2 3 but like the way you can turn the 2nd row seats around to face each other. Been looking a se shuttle but the specs are different some have heated seats some have 3zone air and a few other things. Also dsg auto I think. So a big hello to all from carlisle

Welcome, take the plunge it's not something that you'll ever regret. Sounds like you know what you want, plus there's loads of info and buying guides here.

Welcome, take the plunge it's not something that you'll ever regret. Sounds like you know what you want, plus there's loads of info and buying guides here.
Thank you. Yeah I've been looking at vans for a while now. I was set on a transit custom tourneo as the rear seats are probably the best set up out of all of them. But the wet belts are unreliable and more and more are snapping rubber and oil done mix. Merc vito tourer or vclass are also nice but seem to be 40k+ like I say we'd love a caravelle but finding one in a 6.1 will be hard for less than 40k.

Welcome, we run our 6.1 Caravelle with the seats "railway" style rather than "airline" style and it works well that way. Notes on our tinkering over here:

From when we were looking I don't think you'll find much price difference between the VW Vs Merc V equivalent. I think 6.1 prices are rising a bit as they are nearly end of line and a lot of folks are concerned about the replacement model shared with the Ford transit platform for the reasons you mention.

Back