Show Us Your Road Bikes

Just signed up for Birmingham Velo sportive in June. Anyone else?
Closed roads but relatively flat.

Nope. I'm not going to pay to ride my bike surrounded by thousands of wannabe pro fan boys.

But true of every sportive in that case, surely.
The UCI one I did was totally full of wannabe's riding through and off.

I've entered, all I wannabe …..is back across the finish line...my first ever sportive and I decide 100 miles is a good one to start with :thumbsdown::cry:

Rock on mate. It's not that hilly so get the distance in your legs and itll be fine.

Have you ridden a century before?

You'll naturally fall into a group at a pace you are comfortable with. Share the work and take advantage of drafting behind each other and do just fine. Oh, and not wait until you are hungry before you eat. Little and often right from the start.

Have you ridden a century before?

You'll naturally fall into a group at a pace you are comfortable with. Share the work and take advantage of drafting behind each other and do just fine. Oh, and not wait until you are hungry before you eat. Little and often right from the start.

No I've never done a century before....not even half a century
Thank you for the advice....I draft on zwift but I'm guessing that's not the same thing when there are speed bumps and pot holes in the road:unsure:

:D
That's awesome.
Build up to it on zwift and on the road. There are a couple of forum events between now and then so we can all go out and ride too.
We'll get the T6F cycling club going properly.

This is the T6F list for Snowdon on Strava. There are more. Anyone know the screen names for these guys?

Screenshot_20191003-141130.png

A well drilled group will make those behind aware of obstacles or hazards with shouts or hand signals. Group riding saves a huge amount of effort. You should try and tag along with a local clubs Sunday run to get a feels for it.

Can we setup a group to see if we can get the same wave in the morning ?
The more experienced riders can then go on ahead and wait 3hrs for me to finish after them

I've gone into my registration to see if a group can be created however I've not got the option to create a group. I have gone back into my registration and edited it with a team name of 'T6Forum' not sure if that makes any difference to the wave choice but I'll contact the event organisers to see if I can get a group created

Anyone up on the Gravel bike scene ? on the hunt for one and have a couple in mind, Mason , Kinesis, Sondor, any tips on gearing or bike recommendations would be much appreciated.

I have a dilema. A 2019 Giant TCR Advanced 1 Disc at a much reduced price, or my chosen set of 20" wheels and tyres for the van?

Back