Show Us Your Road Bikes

DaveBos

Engineering Surveyor
VIP Member
T6 Legend
6921DCDF-1436-4BD5-AAF3-C1447C34E10C.jpeg

Here’s mine, a 2013 Giant TCR composite 3, with a few upgrades, similar colour scheme to the T6 as well. Bike is significantly better than me, but I like it.

Don’t use it a great deal, but I’m making an effort this year to go out every week, signed up for a 77mile sportive in August, Tour de Mon, which I have done for the last three years.

I'll need to take some photos as I've changed a few bits on one recently, I'll get some up soon.
I use mine weekly - usually try to get out twice a week and do one indoor turbo session. Work can get in the way of these plans sometimes...

This is more like it :whistle:

2016 Focus Cayo Di2. Running full Ultegra. Changed loads of things in the quest for lightness. Carbon railed San Marco seat that is surprisingly comfortable. 3T Ionic ltd Stealth seat post. Vision Carbon wheels, which were the best upgrade I carried out. Running a new set of Continental Gatorskin tyres, that are really nice this time of year. Dura-ace peddles. Pro stem, and Pro carbon bars. The bike is exactly how I want it, fast, super nimble, and super light. Anyone that hasn't tried Di2, and is looking to change, it's well worth a try, and I personally wouldn't go back to mechanical. This baby cost me a scary amount of money to buy new, and upgrade most of the parts. I love the German brand, and also have a Focus mtb, but no where near as high end as my road bike, yet still a really nice quality bike. I do tend to be more of a summer rider, and take my road bike all over Europe, which is my huge love! (with the exception of Switzerland, where the climbs are totally insane)
I also opted for a full professional bike fit from the chaps at Lutterworth Cycle Centre. Tim there, knows his stuff and the bike was set up exactly to me, and the difference was really shocking. I thought the bike was ok to start off with, but I hadn't got it anywhere near the correct settings.

20160720_155712.jpg

After having mountain bikes for years, The Felt F95 was my first real road bike. Upgraded it to full 105 with Campag Zondas and carbon seat post and handle bars. Still think its a great wee bike. Its semi retired now, but still use it for short rides to the local train station. It's lower value mains I'm comfortable with leaving it chained in the bike rack for the day.

Specialized Roubaix SL4 disc is my summer endurance bike for long days in the saddle. Stock wheels replaced with Hunt Aerolight discs. FSA chainset binned in favour of SRAM Force.

Kinesis Tripster ATR v2 was my labour of love and research before I got the van. Thought that the bike was an expensive project. Now I think again.

Wanted to build a do it all summer touring, adventure, winter, longer distance commuter, so titanium was way to go. Also wanted modern tech with classic looks. Hunt four season gravel disc wheels with through axles. Praxxis Zyante M30 sub compact 48 -32 chainset. SRAM 11-36 cassette and chain. Shimano Ultegra derailuers, calipers and levers. Londret road link hanger to accomadate the oversized cassette. Specialized Hover bars. Gub stem. PMP titanium seat post. Brooks swift titanuim railed saddle and bar tape. Titanium Tubus rack. Comfier than a hovercraft on snow foam and should last longer than.... I will.

20160904_162548.jpg

20170214_132146.jpg

20160314_115207.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 19133

my felt AR5 aero full carbon hooked up to an elite direto smart trainer....connected to zwift

I think we should try to setup a meet and ride when the weather picks up....show off vans and bikes?

I'm not sure about your bike mate, the wheels don't suit it, and it could do with being a bit lower.

giubilato-33226_1.jpg
Slightly different to the usual carbon collection. My vintage steel racer used by an Italian professional (his name currently escapes me) during popular tours. Weighing 10.4kg
I have no photos of my other bikes but I have 3 more roadies.

I have paperwork for it proving the rider and races it was used in. Its a beautiful bike and was the first bike in my steel frame vintage bike collection. Currently sat at 2 due to the T6.

Landwasser viaduct. It's a famous landmark. I took this pic hanging out the back of the Glacier Express. Mrs Donkey treated me to my 40th with an overnight stay in St Moritz. Next day we took this train to Zermatt for a couple of days snowboarding at the glacier, under the Matterhorn (Toblerone). But I pined for my bike when I saw some of the roads and tracks round there. Definitely somewhere I'm planning on taking the bikes and van once it's converted.

I just looked on my Strava from my Swiss holiday, and one run was only 8 miles, but over a 2000ft elevation. That's the run I did first thing in the morning, where I got to the top of this insane climb and threw up! Never had that before, and never since. It's an amazing place to ride, and the roads are pure silk, but boy do you need to be fit to do some distance.

I have paperwork for it proving the rider and races it was used in. Its a beautiful bike and was the first bike in my steel frame vintage bike collection. Currently sat at 2 due to the T6.

I love vintage bikes @Ed Webb (along with most other machines). Give me a Raleigh Banana, Grifter or Striker any day. Yours is looking great though.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Here’s one for you retro lovers. My fixie frame is a 1947 Claude Butler fillet brazed lungless frame. One of the last produced by Claude before he drank himself to ruin and the company was brought out by Holdsworth. There is a chance that Claude himself produced this as there were only a couple of people in the factory at the time.
F1539F50-BB8A-4750-8144-D83032D54A85.jpeg B15787B6-D0A6-4F59-84A9-EC2144E9E4FA.jpeg 8155BC5B-DD02-4B99-A1AA-DC2B957C22F7.jpeg 7DE53C0E-CE68-403E-8113-94E86D988603.jpeg

Back