Show Us Your Motorbikes

Nice bike - I wish there were still a few more strokers about these days.

Is it an Austin 1800?

In truth, my first instinctive guess was an Allegro, but then I thought something bigger was more likely.
In fact I think I was meaning a Maxi, not an 1800.

Anyway, my final offer is an estate, maybe a Ford cortina?

I used to have one of those an RRW (until i crashed it into a tree) prob my favourite bike i have had, got a R1 at the moment and although its bloody fast still miss the low down grunt of the carbs and get fed up having to drop gears all the time to overtake
Just find all the injection stuff to power bandy, very all or nothing kind with the modern stuff
Think i might have to dig out some photos of my biking history tonight see what i can find

Here's mine, Off to do the WW2 sites in France on May Bank Holiday with mates and then over to Bordeaux region in the back of the Bus (seats out obv's) with the missus in July and during that trip leave the missus in the Gite while me and mates pop over to Italy to do World Ducati Weekend :)

IMG_2695.JPG

Curant bikes i have- 2010 Z1000, 1984 Rd500 ( my 2nd one), 1977 XS500, 1982 Ft500, KR1 250.
my ft500 is my daily bike, rd500 on a nice day, xs500 hardly ever moves had that for about 25 years, the Kr1 I've just give my son
for his 21st, Z1000 don't use so might sell it.
IMG_0566.jpg IMG_0567.jpg IMG_0036.jpg IMG_1469.jpg IMG_0833.jpg

Last edited:
Riding a gorge in the Picos a couple of years back, two German 1200 GSs each two up, went past us like you wouldn’t believe. Love them or hate them, they are amazing bikes. You would have to be well above average if not just very good on a sports bike to lose a well ridden GS. I have met a Fireblade rider selling his bike to get a GS on the basis it was the best all round bike....I think the XR probably is. Still wouldn’t swap my old tractor!

Back