Show Us Your Motorbikes

Riding a gorge in the Picos a couple of years back, two German 1200 GSs each two up, went past us like you wouldn’t believe. Love them or hate them, they are amazing bikes. You would have to be well above average if not just very good on a sports bike to lose a well ridden GS. I have met a Fireblade rider selling his bike to get a GS on the basis it was the best all round bike....I think the XR probably is. Still wouldn’t swap my old tractor!
I had a go on my father in law GS and was well impressed my only problem was I'm a short arse:laugh:

I’ve also had a fair few bikes over the years, a Suzuki 50cc, 2 Triumph Tiger Cubs, 350cc Ajs, A 250 ccSuzuki Hustler, A 400 /Four Honda, A 650 Honda 4, then A Harley Davidson 1450 Twin Cam, changed the cam to gear drive,changed the Cams for 2 up riding, changed the gearbox to a 6 speed, 2into 1 pipes etc.
Then had to stop riding due to 3 hip changes plus a knee change and then I rode differently and it just wasn’t the same thing as if I came off wouldn’t have been funny asking for another knee or hip so sold and fir the last 12 years have had Corvettes first one was a C5, 5.7litres, second one which I still drive is a C6 6.0 ltr , but really miss biking and so does my missus as you see so much more.

near tremp in the Spanish Pyrenees,twice a year a gang of us meet up from another forum I'm on.one of the blokes lives down there and spends his time tracking the trails on his gps then sells the gpx files to fund living there,he organises a deal with a campsite for us.he does similar down in aragon near teruel.I've got about 2600km of his trails on my gps unit.

near tremp in the Spanish Pyrenees,twice a year a gang of us meet up from another forum I'm on.one of the blokes lives down there and spends his time tracking the trails on his gps then sells the gpx files to fund living there,he organises a deal with a campsite for us.he does similar down in aragon near teruel.I've got about 2600km of his trails on my gps unit.

Oh that sounds fantastic , what’s the other forum?

Cheers

yes,I've been looking at some of the TET for a while,friends of mine are doing the Spanish and portugese sections of it this summer.ill probably do some of it when work/family commitments allow.

dogs dung,tried to message you but couldn"t.the other forum is adventurebikerider.com look at the threads called HISS.i think its june in the pyrenees and September it will be back to back weeks in the Pyrenees and aragon.a couple of mates and myself will be loading bikes into vans and going to the june event.there is another guy on there called WIBO organizing a trip to morocco in October,we will be on that trip too.both these are trips are open to anyone who wants to turn up.

dogs dung,tried to message you but couldn"t.the other forum is adventurebikerider.com look at the threads called HISS.i think its june in the pyrenees and September it will be back to back weeks in the Pyrenees and aragon.a couple of mates and myself will be loading bikes into vans and going to the june event.there is another guy on there called WIBO organizing a trip to morocco in October,we will be on that trip too.both these are trips are open to anyone who wants to turn up.
@Dogs Dung

Back