Show Us Your Awning Setup.

Hi guys I’m looking at getting a kiravans railsail for my long wheel base t6 and I’m wondering if the length will be ok for lwb as they are designed to fit swb vans. I realise it will fit but just wondering if anyone uses one with a long wheel base and thinks it’s sufficient tia
Works a treat.. despite LWB

Hi @Stewby it’s an Outdoor Revolution movelite cayman. Bought it last year but from memory it was the previous years model they were selling off nice and cheap !

Hi @Stewby it’s an Outdoor Revolution movelite cayman. Bought it last year but from memory it was the previous years model they were selling off nice and cheap !

Ah, that is why I like it. It is the same make as our previous awning. We are tempted to go air this time round but our movelite was amazing. Lasted about 12 years.
Thanks for the reply.
:)

On my second Khyam 380 quick erect. Love it but always have a ‘mare attaching it properly so I can open the side door. Any tips?

View attachment 49656
We erect the tent but don’t peg/position it. Then attach the awning to the van and then physically grab the tent poles and pull/drag it around until the awning is tight - then we peg it down.
Hope that makes sense?

Thanks for confirming @Daffy. Ordered a Motordome Classic Pro last night! This will be our first drive away awning. We have a Multi-rail fitted to the van, and I am thinking (from reading the Kyham website) of using the Kyham double kador and figure of eight strips to connect it to our van. Will this make it easy to disconnect and re-connect when going out for the day, or is there a better way? What do you use? This is all new to me, so any advice much appreciated!

Thanks for confirming @Daffy. Ordered a Motordome Classic Pro last night! This will be our first drive away awning. We have a Multi-rail fitted to the van, and I am thinking (from reading the Kyham website) of using the Kyham double kador and figure of eight strips to connect it to our van. Will this make it easy to disconnect and re-connect when going out for the day, or is there a better way? What do you use? This is all new to me, so any advice much appreciated!
It’s easy peasy, you just pull out the double kador and that leaves the figure of 8 strips on the awning. Not quite so easy to reattach unless you mark the tyre positions before you leave so you park back in exactly the same position. Then you just slide the kador back in.

It’s easy peasy, you just pull out the double kador and that leaves the figure of 8 strips on the awning. Not quite so easy to reattach unless you mark the tyre positions before you leave so you park back in exactly the same position. Then you just slide the kador back in.

exactly this @Noddy996 its worth putting a couple of pegs in the ground somewhere close to your wheels so that you can put the van back in the same spot so that everything lines up.

you want it positioned on the van so that the sliding door opens fully without the rear top corner of the door trying to push a hole in the awning tunnel - mine always touches but it’s more a kiss than anything too hard. It will all make sense when you put it up.

Good luck

Back