Show Us Your Awning Setup.

@Insert Coin do you ever have problems pitching it on site due to its size

Cheers

I've only used it 3 times, but no problem so far. There's sometimes an option to include an awning in the booking. Some driveaway awnings like the Kela stick out further to the side than the Galli, I can see that being an issue on some sites due to the extra width.

That was my thoughts as well
Looking at the Vango Galli II or Kampa Tourer Air

Likes of kela, Cruez etc if the pitch is small you would be looking at somebody’s else’s caravan

I always pay a bit extra for the bigger XL type pitches, the last site we camped at had a huge area between the pitches that we put our Coleman event shelter up as well as the Galli and my bus.

I've only used it 3 times, but no problem so far. There's sometimes an option to include an awning in the booking. Some driveaway awnings like the Kela stick out further to the side than the Galli, I can see that being an issue on some sites due to the extra width.
I really like the Galli II (and the shorter compact version) and switching it round 90 degrees from the earlier version makes it a lot more practical - If buying again it would be in my top 2 to consider (alongside the Hexaway). But, just to clarify, it still sticks out further from the side of the van than a Kela does, i.e. Galli II with tunnel section is 440cm wide whereas the Kela with tunnel is 370cm wide.

Kampa tourer Air is 3.9 mtr

If struggling you could always use with out tunnel

Andy

My setup tonight and tomorrow night at Portpatrick, Scotland. Second time setting up the Kela 3 and much happier this time. Only annoyance is that I booked a grass pitch and arrived to find I had been allocated a stone pitch!

8A02D1C8-F9AD-4CDD-8A70-41650B238E2E.jpeg

My setup tonight and tomorrow night at Portpatrick, Scotland. Second time setting up the Kela 3 and much happier this time. Only annoyance is that I booked a grass pitch and arrived to find I had been allocated a stone pitch!

View attachment 26110
That is probably going to leave a load of tiny indents in your groundsheet - we had similar on the first outing with our Kela 3 - pitched on hardstanding with quite fine gravel/slate and, even with the footprint, left loads of tiny indents. Nothing too serious and no real damage but something to be a aware of. We now regard our awning as a consumable and something that, hopefully, will be replaced a few times during the time we hope to have and enjoy the van.

That is probably going to leave a load of tiny indents in your groundsheet - we had similar on the first outing with our Kela 3 - pitched on hardstanding with quite fine gravel/slate and, even with the footprint, left loads of tiny indents. Nothing too serious and no real damage but something to be a aware of. We now regard our awning as a consumable and something that, hopefully, will be replaced a few times during the time we hope to have and enjoy the van.

We don’t even have a footprint yet and it’s covered in jaggy stones! Hopefully I’ve not caused too much damage putting it up but we need the extra space with the kids

Are people finding it hard to find places that have a grass pitch with power? It seems all the power pitches I go to are hardstandings

Are people finding it hard to find places that have a grass pitch with power? It seems all the power pitches I go to are hardstandings
There are plenty about, e.g lots of the C&CC sites offer grass with electric.

Well I just had my Kela 3 setup in the garden to dry it out after the torrential rain we got caught in at the weekend. Was about to pack it away and realised it said Kela 4 low on the bag. Double checked the tent and it says 4 on it too. Bit of head scratching followed. Got online and checked the eBay sale and I had indeed bought a Kela 3 Low and have been sent a Kela 4 low!

Back