Show Us Your Awning Setup.

Chopman I do like the day awning just the job who is the maker . Is your screen cover from Rainbow screens and are you pleased with it thanks :thumbsup:

The day awning is a rail sail from Kiravans - prepare yourself before looking though as it's not cheap.
The front screen is a thermal cover from comfortzleisure and we've been very happy with it.

We use a rail sail with or without a few telescopic robins poles. It's not cheap, but it's very flexible, it's large and it's totally waterproof.

View attachment 20329 View attachment 20330
The day awning is a rail sail from Kiravans - prepare yourself before looking though as it's not cheap.
The front screen is a thermal cover from comfortzleisure and we've been very happy with it.

Hi Chopman, we have bought the thermal screens from Comfort Leisure but have found them a really tight fit. Are yours the same? Thanks T

We have a simple set of awning room sides for our wind out..
We don't spend long enough in one place to go to the effort of putting anything else up.
View attachment 20183
@Loz how do you find your awning behaves in wind with the sides?
Reviews mention to be wary of having the fiamma out in strong wind but do the sides help of hinder in this situation?
Its a tad more expensive adding the sides to the fiamma but I think it's possibly a good solution for us.

Hi Chopman, we have bought the thermal screens from Comfort Leisure but have found them a really tight fit. Are yours the same? Thanks T

They are quite tight to get on and off - needing to open the doors etc - especially if they are wet.
But I suspect that if they were any looser then they would blow and flap in the wind.

Reviews mention to be wary of having the fiamma out in strong wind but do the sides help of hinder in this situation?
Its a tad more expensive adding the sides to the fiamma but I think it's possibly a good solution for us.
I will not leave my Fiamma out in moderate to strong winds so whilst the sides would give you a decent covered in space I worry about what happens when the wind gets up. With a driveway awning I would put up and if the wind gets beyond what I think is safe just disconnect from the van and still have a useable space.

Because the awning sides add weight and the are pegged down all the way around with screw in pegs I am happy to leave it out, if it gets bad I also have a heavy duty guy set to further secure it.

Because the awning sides add weight and the are pegged down all the way around with screw in pegs I am happy to leave it out, if it gets bad I also have a heavy duty guy set to further secure it.
We were out in quite a lot of wind this week on a Caravan Club site and, whilst we didn’t bother, the caravans were happily struggling putting up awnings on the sides of their vans with no real issues so I get where you are coming from. For me though I don’t like the idea of so many pegs and guys effectively securing my van to the pitch if something goes wrong.

Thanks for the information and the warning :thumbsdown:

Heres one option @simon . Awning rail screwed down into roof bar locating holes. Kador strip and figure 8 then used to join the awning to the rail. Google reimo multirail for another option. Some can be fixed to roof bars with velcro straps. Or straps extend across the roof. Magnetic strips. Limpet suction cups. A few ways really.

Screenshot_20180412-202114.jpg

Here's our DIY sun awning, pitched on the drive.

Basically it's a Decathlon Tarp (which I think cost us £16) cut down a bit, with a 6mm kadar strip sewn on. The tarp comes with the poles and guys.

Total cost about £30.

Pete

IMG_5494.jpg

IMG_5495.jpg

Got a chance to put our new Outwell day canopy up today. Had it up in around 5 mins :)rolleyes:) it was really simple and effective. Really good size, can see us sitting out of an evening against a big ole lake somewhere after the kids or wife has been sailing; Cadac on, something cold in the hand, leaning back in a chair. Sweet.

81D27FB1-5268-4F1E-8EC4-9B9E8DF73BAB.jpeg

3265B300-BBF9-43AC-A53C-725A4BF934C6.jpeg

BB144F64-CCFE-4670-931D-8551106340E2.jpeg

Are you sure that's a galli compact
I was thinking of getting one but that looks too big
Looks like the full size Galli to me.

Compact is only just over 3m long and only has two window panels down the side.

Back