Show Us You Ceiling If No Pop Top

Skyliner33

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Just interested in ideas on how to finish the ceiling without a pop top.

Did you trip the OEM panels? What did you do with the two joining pieces?

Ply lined? 1 or 2 piece? How did you manage the joints with a 2 piece?

All ideas and especially pics appreciated.

new ply lining and fitted using hidden trim clips, keeping the standard plastic trim strips using material as close to the cab lining as i could find (cant remember if it was MVM or Harrisons) 8 small LEDs and LED strips down the side with a single VW puddle light in the middle to project the VW logo onto the floor when the door opens
roof.jpg

Thanks guys, I can understand how to do the first one, but @Bear any more details on how you did this?

Hi skyliner 33.
To be honest I can't take the credit,
I had my van interior done by unique vans is St Neots, really helpfull genuine guys, can't remember exactly how much the option was, but I thought it was great value.

Simon

View attachment 46253

Fitted using trim clips in OEM 8mm clip holes in the roof.

Thank you, that looks great. Do the trim clips all go in the central light part of the roof?

I am guessing it goes up in 3 pieces? the central section, but then I would have thought the trim clips are too short to hole the dark coloured side pieces?

it all goes up in 3 parts but every part uses trim clips. If you want to do industry leading lining work and to push the boundries you need your own CNC and a few CAD designers to program it ;)

it all goes up in 3 parts but every part uses trim clips. If you want to do industry leading lining work and to push the boundries you need your own CNC and a few CAD designers to program it ;)

Thanks, but mine will be a temporary measure until I've saved the pennies up for a pop top so as fantastic as yours is I wouldn't like to put it in the bin in 12 months or so. Does yours just use the OEM trim points or have you drilled additional?

Unless you would be willing to sell just the cut ply boards so I can keep the costs down. I'm not bothered about the patterns, as great as they are. Can pm me some prices?
Thanks

Last edited:
Back