Shiny Saturday!

How do you reach the roof?
Standing on a step stool I can reach the highest point on the sides and reach the whole of the sloping front. There will be a patch along the middle top of the roof that is unwashed, but nobody can see that...

Reactions: Bav
Standing on a step stool I can reach the highest point on the sides and reach the whole of the sloping front. There will be a patch along the middle top of the roof that is unwashed, but nobody can see that...
That's what I was thinking - what the eye doesn't see, the heart doesn't grieve over. :thumbsup:

1000009804.jpg
It needed a wash after being used as a tip transporter this week. Both the garage and attic have been sorted in preparation for an upcoming house move. Mrs RosscoPCole's T-Cross also had a clean.

View attachment 236746
Tryin' to shine in the countesthorpe morning dull glow. ✨

I am sitting here looking at your van wondering how and why it looks better than my van (which is also a black Kombi with front splitter, side bars, wind deflectors, rear spoiler and roof bars)......... :oops:

FullSizeRender(47).JPEG

As nice as folding mirrors are, I'm not sure that is why, nor do I think the mudflaps are doing it - I reckon it has got to be the larger/blacker wheels :cool:

Shiny Saturday…There’s a Deep Black Van somewhere

IMG_5719.jpeg

And also, a decent sized bird must of had the remnants of someone’s Vindaloo for its tea because no matter what I do, I can’t seem to shift this mark it’s left behind!! Any ideas anybody??

IMG_5718.jpeg

If bird poop has lightly ate into the paint work you can use a hot air gun over it. It needs to get hot for the paint to self heal, but don't hold it in one place. We do it with alot of sales cars apart from new vauxhalls and Peugeots as there paint is that bad just falls off if a bird poops on it (literally).

If bird poop has lightly ate into the paint work you can use a hot air gun over it. It needs to get hot for the paint to self heal, but don't hold it in one place. We do it with alot of sales cars apart from new vauxhalls and Peugeots as there paint is that bad just falls off if a bird poops on it (literally).
Brilliant thanks mate! I’ll give that a go in the week. Never had that happen before and couldn’t believe it when I was cleaning it earlier & it wouldn’t budge in any way whatsoever

Don't go mad and work up to it heat wise as its abit scary and definitely don't use a blow torch like my neighbour did because he didn't have a heat gun :think smile bounce:

Don't go mad and work up to it heat wise as its abit scary and definitely don't use a blow torch like my neighbour did because he didn't have a heat gun :think smile bounce:
Yeah I won’t be doing anything like that!! :rofl:

So do I heat it up a bit & then give the residual poo a wipe off or is that just as horrendous an idea?? Visions of taking the paint with it in one big smear :oops:

I am sitting here looking at your van wondering how and why it looks better than my van (which is also a black Kombi with front splitter, side bars, wind deflectors, rear spoiler and roof bars)......... :oops:

View attachment 236787

As nice as folding mirrors are, I'm not sure that is why, nor do I think the mudflaps are doing it - I reckon it has got to be the larger/blacker wheels :cool:
I like those wheels ( I take it they're Amarok 18s) The flush windows too.

No just heat up an area about 5inch either side so it's a big area in a circular motion. You will start to see it disappear at that point just let it cool by its self.

View attachment 236787

Personally I love the look of the black van with the silver wheels. Admittedly I think that for a more punchy look, 15mm spacers on the rears would be good, but that is just my opinion.

Back